Summer 2024 transfer thread.

In assuming that Branthwaite will be off in the close season I think if we can afford to buy him, Jacob Greaves of Hull City would be a good fit as a replacement.
Seen enough of him this season to convince me he would be able to hold his own in our team. Let down by his co-defenders tonight in an entertainihg gaje against Middlesbrough. Powerful header of the ball winning most of his challenges, comfortable with the ball at his feet playing out of defence, and fast on the ground.
Could do a lot worse.

Get the feeling Harwood-Bellis will be an option on a season long loan.

He did well at Burnley, was excellent in the under 21 championship so was surprised he then went back out on loan to the championship with Southampton, guess Man. City don't think he's quite ready yet for the premier league.

Of course they might prefer that to Dycheball! If you're going down the season long loan route I'd rather get prospects like him and Amad Diallo who are still trying to prove themselves to their parent clubs rather than more Harrison types who aren't.

And there's enough experience around to mentor them through games.

Get the feeling Harwood-Bellis will be an option on a season long loan.

He did well at Burnley, was excellent in the under 21 championship so was surprised he then went back out on loan to the championship with Southampton, guess Man. City don't think he's quite ready yet for the premier league.

Of course they might prefer that to Dycheball! If you're going down the season long loan route I'd rather get prospects like him and Amad Diallo who are still trying to prove themselves to their parent clubs rather than more Harrison types who aren't.

And there's enough experience around to mentor them through games.
Think in the deal they have option to get him for 20 mill if come up

…..I’d say so (although I’ve seen Duran a few times). Sometimes it only takes 2 or 3 touches to put you off parting with £25m for a player. You should be certain with big investments for a club like ours. Took me 20mins to work Tosun out but that was fairly obvious.

Do you not watch players and think, ‘he just looks right’ or ‘I wouldn’t be keen on him’?
I agree, and to think some folk get paid millions for it and then buy Maupay....

No he is right, it’s nonsense because he worth 100 million!!
Worth 100mil i would say, but no way we will get anywhere near that. PL have basically rinsed us and forced us to sell at a known price to balance books. They really hate us and are loving the unescapable doom loop they have us trapped in. Our only saviour could be a bidding war - but im guessing under 60mil to Man utd.

Worth 100mil i would say, but no way we will get anywhere near that. PL have basically rinsed us and forced us to sell at a known price to balance books. They really hate us and are loving the unescapable doom loop they have us trapped in. Our only saviour could be a bidding war - but im guessing under 60mil to Man utd.
If the PL go to fines instead of points deduction for breaching P&S, it would probably be worth refusing to sell him in that scenario

Who is out of contract that ideally we bin and what does it add salary wise for loans?

I.e. Dele, Gomez (albeit he's trying), et al.

Who is out of contract that ideally we bin and what does it add salary wise for loans?

I.e. Dele, Gomez (albeit he's trying), et al.

Coleman, Young, Gana....

However you're then binning players who are actually starting reguarly so it's not just a case of replacing 3-4 back ups, it's 2-3 starters aswell hence the need for 7-8 signings on a miniscule budget. And of course at least one big sale needed aswell.

Coleman, Young, Gana....

However you're then binning players who are actually starting reguarly so it's not just a case of replacing 3-4 back ups, it's 2-3 starters aswell hence the need for 7-8 signings on a miniscule budget. And of course at least one big sale needed aswell.
We can rebuild on the cheap but we simply must stay away from the UK as there is little value here for us and many players are overpriced with the 'English' tax.

I think we have prepare ourselves for a couple of big sales - Branthwaite and Onana are the obvious ones. If we brought in ( optimisticly ) £150million I could see our budget for transfers being £50 million with £100 million being applied to reduce the debt.

In an ideal world I'd love to see a massive clear out with Alli , Coleman , Young , Gomes and any other out of contract player gone joined by Keane , Maupay , DCL , Beto , Godfrey and Holgate.

However it is unrealistic to see such a massive turnover of players on our budget.

I suspect we will see a couple of new players signed for fees , a free transfer and a loan with the likes of Coleman and Young given new contracts.

I think we have prepare ourselves for a couple of big sales - Branthwaite and Onana are the obvious ones. If we brought in ( optimisticly ) £150million I could see our budget for transfers being £50 million with £100 million being applied to reduce the debt.

In an ideal world I'd love to see a massive clear out with Alli , Coleman , Young , Gomes and any other out of contract player gone joined by Keane , Maupay , DCL , Beto , Godfrey and Holgate.

However it is unrealistic to see such a massive turnover of players on our budget.

I suspect we will see a couple of new players signed for fees , a free transfer and a loan with the likes of Coleman and Young given new contracts.
Be shocked if we get more than 120m for Onana and Branners, personally.