Free Transfers that's interesting me
Adarabioyo - Fulham - CB
Brownhill - Burnley - CM
Ndidi - Leicester - CM
Adams - Southampton - ST
Kamada - Lazio - RW
Barbosa - Flamengo - ST
Johnson - West Ham - RB
Sadly this is the market that we will have to shop in.

The Fulham centre half will have more attractive suitors than us but you'd have to think that Brownhill will be high up on Dyche and Kopite Kev s list

IMG_8625.jpeg

the biggest issue i have with this thread is that it is abundantly clear that we simply can't spend any money this summer

the accounts that have just been published show that our turnover was 172 mil and our operating expenses are 302.6 mil

we are making a loss of 130 mil every season before player trading

if we sell branthwaite for 60-80 mil and Onana for 50 mil then we are still making a loss because some of that money is going to go to Carlisle and some of it is going to go to Lille

we will probably still be around 20-30 mil loss

then if we are lucky someone will buy maupay

i don't think thelwell is capable of getting any decent money for anyone else he will follow the standard protocol of loaning players out till their contracts run out or selling them for ridiculously cheap prices just to offload their wages

if we do any business it will be the free agents / loan market only and maybe the odd fringe player who is worth a couple of mil

nothing is gonna change till we finally move to the stadium imo, so we need 1 more miracle season with absolute dross
So we’re selling Onana and Branthwaite for less than caicedo. I’m not sure that happens

the biggest issue i have with this thread is that it is abundantly clear that we simply can't spend any money this summer

the accounts that have just been published show that our turnover was 172 mil and our operating expenses are 302.6 mil

we are making a loss of 130 mil every season before player trading

if we sell branthwaite for 60-80 mil and Onana for 50 mil then we are still making a loss because some of that money is going to go to Carlisle and some of it is going to go to Lille

we will probably still be around 20-30 mil loss

then if we are lucky someone will buy maupay

i don't think thelwell is capable of getting any decent money for anyone else he will follow the standard protocol of loaning players out till their contracts run out or selling them for ridiculously cheap prices just to offload their wages

if we do any business it will be the free agents / loan market only and maybe the odd fringe player who is worth a couple of mil

nothing is gonna change till we finally move to the stadium imo, so we need 1 more miracle season with absolute dross
So next season is the one our luck finally runs out.

Goodisons last game ends in relegation and the first game in the new ground is against Stoke.

Wonderful.

I think we will be going for cheap options again that can play in multiple positions. Dendoncker can play in defence and midfield so I can see why it would be of interest especially given it will be a fairly cheap deal all around I’d guess.

The one thing Moyes has proven with West Ham recently is that you can get fairly high up the table with big players who are good but not great. Only in the last year or two has Moyes started to try and add flair to the team and that is when it’s not quite worked.

If we want comfortable safety for a few years then I’d favour strong, mobile players over the supremely gifted like James was.

I think we will be going for cheap options again that can play in multiple positions. Dendoncker can play in defence and midfield so I can see why it would be of interest especially given it will be a fairly cheap deal all around I’d guess.

The one thing Moyes has proven with West Ham recently is that you can get fairly high up the table with big players who are good but not great. Only in the last year or two has Moyes started to try and add flair to the team and that is when it’s not quite worked.

If we want comfortable safety for a few years then I’d favour strong, mobile players over the supremely gifted like James was.
Moyes also has players that can create things and therefore improve goal contributions

We have Dwight McNeil and Abdoulaye Doucoure

Last edited:

Turned 29 today actually

I would suggest people temper their expectation levels about summer signings - we'll be selling anyone we can to keep the lights on unless there's a fundamental change in our situation in the next 3 months. That means Branthwaite, Onana and maybe even the likes of DCL if we can generate interest in him.

I'd expect new deals for Coleman, maybe Gueye if he'd agree to a wage cut and possibly even Ashley Young and us to be looking in the bargain basement end of the market. Dendoncker probably falls into that category

I have a feeling that our transfer business this summer is going to be grim.
Like others have said, there will be a fire sale to achieve the PSR deadline.
Any incomings are going to be loans and free or token fees.

Turned 29 today actually

I would suggest people temper their expectation levels about summer signings - we'll be selling anyone we can to keep the lights on unless there's a fundamental change in our situation in the next 3 months. That means Branthwaite, Onana and maybe even the likes of DCL if we can generate interest in him.

I'd expect new deals for Coleman, maybe Gueye if he'd agree to a wage cut and possibly even Ashley Young and us to be looking in the bargain basement end of the market. Dendoncker probably falls into that category
But he’s 29 villa will want a fee he probably wants a 2/3yr deal on a min of 50k a week the whol package could be 15mil plus how is that a good deal for a club that is financially struggling