Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

It seems very likely that a decent chunk of any sales will be going towards paying off debt or at the very least getting banked to prevent us having to acquire more debt.

I reckon around 80k, he was a free transfer, I know he has his detractors, but hes played in the majority of games this season and I personally think it was money well spent.
If we're paying Ashley Young £80K per week we deserve a points deduction.

….the problem is his salary, very few clubs will be able to match it, particularly in the Championship. It’s what happens when you sign ordinary footballers and give them extraordinary contracts.

Yet you dont want the club to show ambition.

….Zat thinking about Everton transfers;

View attachment 257305

[Its called ambition.

I guess they have their sights set higher with Toney likely to leave.
[/QUOTE]

Theyve signed Igor Thiago as his replacement.

My point wasn't really about Gray, it was more a point that sales are not likely to be generating huge sums for transfers. Zat seems confused on this point generally.

Why would i be 'confused' its all been very clear what happens with new owners.

You seem to have missed the memo.

It's not a choice, Zat. We can't just choose to not pay our bills or we'll be wound up. We'd all like to be buying the best up and coming players but we have no money for that, even with the mooted sales.

You know that with MSP or 777 taking over that either will need to pay the other off and convert their own loans to equity ?

That will leave a £200mil R&M loan to rebalance using the new stadium as collateral and single digit interest.

When you have loans its more sensible to invest in other assets to generate more income to dwarf the payments.

Thats why 50% of sales need to be reinvested.

• Leeds United's CEO Angus Kinnear played a key role in prompting the Premier League's investigation into Everton, which has resulted in a provisional 10-point deduction penalty for the Toffees.

Im on about this.

I wish nothing but bad karma on your club.
I don't like Kinnear either. He told the fans we were keeping a tight rein on our budget. Loads left in summer with get out clauses. We've got £ 100 million debts Radrizzani should have been bought out 2 years previously. I don't think the 49ers will keep him in a job much longer. It's now side before elf . Now we have Will Farrell as an investor. Whatever happens FFP is going to make it difficult for any team yo yoing between The PL and Championship.

I’m more worried that we haven’t heard a peep from the club about Gana Gueye. He’s been crap at times this season but he has also been a vital gog in some games. It’s yet another player we have to replace if he goes. We can’t afford for too many to leave because squad size is always important.

I’m more worried that we haven’t heard a peep from the club about Gana Gueye. He’s been crap at times this season but he has also been a vital gog in some games. It’s yet another player we have to replace if he goes. We can’t afford for too many to leave because squad size is always important.
If Gana and Onana leave, we have 2 CMs in the whole squad, Doucs, who isnt even a CM and Garner, scary, scary prospect.

Vital gog?

Colloquially, a person from North Wales (especially one who speaks with this dialect or accent) is known as a North Walian, or a Gog (from the Welsh gogledd, meaning "north").

thought he was from Senegal, not Rhyl

I always assumed Doucoure is there more because he covers a lot ground for the press.
Its the Marouane Chamakh role he played at Crystal Palace.

Think it was Pulis or Warnock who put him there! Around the era we couldn't beat them and Bolasie scored loads of goals against us!