Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer speculative hopes and dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MickTheGooner: R.Sociedad have held meeting with Joel Campbell & his representative. Moyes wants the Arsenal forward, who's been told he can leave. (Marca)

Womder what the price would be, he was great for Costa Rica and Oviedo would help him settle into the club.

I agree but we all know we ain't getting a new keeper.

Taken from the Dufus thread, thought I would answer it here, so as not to litter the thread!!!

Anyway.

As it stands, its unlikely we are getting a Keeper, but lots of things could happen in the next 2 and a half months.

1. Howard picks up a fairly long term injury in pre-season
2. We sell a "star" player for big money, Martinez sees a chance to move for a new Keeper this summer instead of next
3. Martinez, when watching games from last season, realises what an utter terrible Keeper Howard is

So whilst I suggest its currently unlikely, I personally wouldnt rule it out 100%, I would "imagine" Martinez has a list of prioritys, I would also imagine GK is on that list, near the bottom, but things could happen that push it to the top.

Taken from the Dufus thread, thought I would answer it here, so as not to litter the thread!!!

Anyway.

As it stands, its unlikely we are getting a Keeper, but lots of things could happen in the next 2 and a half months.

1. Howard picks up a fairly long term injury in pre-season
2. We sell a "star" player for big money, Martinez sees a chance to move for a new Keeper this summer instead of next
3. Martinez, when watching games from last season, realises what an utter terrible Keeper Howard is

So whilst I suggest its currently unlikely, I personally wouldnt rule it out 100%, I would "imagine" Martinez has a list of prioritys, I would also imagine GK is on that list, near the bottom, but things could happen that push it to the top.
*puts a trip wire across Howards driveway and emails Bobby Brogues a youtube compilation of Howards gaffes from last season.

@MickTheGooner: R.Sociedad have held meeting with Joel Campbell & his representative. Moyes wants the Arsenal forward, who's been told he can leave. (Marca)

Womder what the price would be, he was great for Costa Rica and Oviedo would help him settle into the club.
Too weak for this league. Worst diver ive seen in my life too

I'd like us to inquire about Fede Cartabia of Valencia. He'll be surpass to requirements there, especially if they sign Zivkovic. He had a good season in La Liga last year playing for the basement club with no service - he got assists v Atleti and Sevilla for example.

Valencia fans want him to be given a chance but it seems inevitable that he'll be moved on. They say his one real weakness is that he's not much of a team player, but Martinez likes his wingers to attack so that shouldn't really be an issue if he came here.

To be honest, he sounds a lot like Mirallas.

Kagawa. Imagine.

Always thought he wasn't given a fair enough crack at UTD. What a statement that would be, a player that would really take us up a notch and make us top 4 contenders in my opinion.

And for those reasons, it isn't happening.

Arsenal closing in on cech apparently. Would anybody take a punt on SzcHowarr? Had a poor season, he was out of form and dropped for Ospina after New Years Day, but still only 25 and surely an improvement on Howard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back