Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind Vardy if Rom goes. Maybe not my first choice, but he's a proven goalscorer in this
league, so why not?.

Is this just paper talk, though?

On the same wavelength.

Never even seen him play, but I'd rather him than pickford etc...

It's fake mate. Posted the article a few pages back. There was no bid for him (Gent president confirms this); he can only leave in 2018 unless someone offers more than the Tielemans offer so +- 30 mil €. Seriously doubt that somebody is going to offer an amount like that for a keeper, who hasn't been tested yet in the PL.

But Koeman as already basically said he's looking for players for the now, players in their prime and not for the future. He wants the ready made ones and has already said Walsh is looking to the future with targets but he mainly wants players in their prime that will come in and make a difference from the off and regardless of being in the Europa league, that's gonna be difficult!

Players like the ones City have signed or are after aren't going to turn their backs on City, their millions and CL for us with Europa league are they?! No chance. So even though the Europa league to an extent will help more so than last season when it came to going for players, we still won't be able to bring in the top level players that we would all want and like, that's just the reality of it. And people can talk about money talks etc etc, and sometimes it does but in this day and age now the very top players crave CL and a chance to win trophies more than money!

So we're going to have to be savvy, find players that are good and would improve us that the teams above us or in the CL aren't too sure of?! Or players like Sigurdsson for example that is a good player but the top teams in our league don't see him as being quite good enough for them but he's definitely good enough for us. It's an even bigger summer for us this time round to try and find that required quality that will join us but be able to get enough in and blend them together mould them to turn us in to a better, more competitive team.

Which I think is exactly why Walsh was brought in. While we would love to and might shoot to bring in big signings, we realize that we have to be better at finding good players than others have to be. Having Walsh find gems and Koeman wanting players now are not exclusive to eachother. His job is to find the Kante's. You can find players who the top 6 have just off of their radar, but who play to a top 4 level in their first year. The type of player who the top clubs consider europa league material and not CL, but who is actually underrated is both the type of player we want to bring in, and would be willing to come.

Walsh wasnt just brought in to find 3 mill players who play like they are worth 10 mill, he was also brought in to find 15 mill players who play like they are worth 40.

Look at how much of an increase in value players such as Kante, VVD, Dele Alli, Payet, Mane saw in just a season. There are more of them out there, but we just dont know who they are yet. Either Walsh is better than others at his job, or he is not, we obviously believe he is, and if thats the case we should unearth some of them.

Which I think is exactly why Walsh was brought in. While we would love to and might shoot to bring in big signings, we realize that we have to be better at finding good players than others have to be. Having Walsh find gems and Koeman wanting players now are not exclusive to eachother. His job is to find the Kante's. You can find players who the top 6 have just off of their radar, but who play to a top 4 level in their first year. The type of player who the top clubs consider europa league material and not CL, but who is actually underrated is both the type of player we want to bring in, and would be willing to come.

Walsh wasnt just brought in to find 3 mill players who play like they are worth 10 mill, he was also brought in to find 15 mill players who play like they are worth 40.

Look at how much of an increase in value players such as Kante, VVD, Dele Alli, Payet, Mane saw in just a season. There are more of them out there, but we just dont know who they are yet. Either Walsh is better than others at his job, or he is not, we obviously believe he is, and if thats the case we should unearth some of them.
From what I can tell, not exactly. Walsh was brought in to bridge between managers. Director of football, meaning that what he oversees allign the club to maintain an ethos.

This is the summer that marks his tenure. I'm not exactly feeling too optimistic for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back