Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know, that's exactly what I'm saying. The point being, I don't think the reason is necessarily that it's incredibly difficult to organise, but that many of the rumours don't make any sense.

Fairs! It's a good point.

It's an easy thing to do in terms of making up a 'rumour'.

Club A want Club B's player.

Club A have a player in the same position who Club A's player will 'oust'.

Club B will need a replacement...

And some fans, for some reason, seem to buy it.

Michy and Vardy up front with Siggy behind anyone?
Aye. Two quick, consistent forwards with an attacking mid who can create at least 5 key passes per game is what we should be looking at.
Surely Koeman and Walsh have identified this and Moshiri is going to back them to the hilt this summer.

Siggy is staying at Swansea - he is happy and settled there and they bump up his wages apparently.

It's just lazy journalism linking him with us.

Vardy is a horrible chav as well - don't want.

Scott Sinclair outplayed and outperformed him this season. Just think on that. Sure the boy is good but would he improve us immediately which is essential 2017/18 season.

Thats a fair point mate, one is 28 though, the other played the majority of the season at 19.

Sinclair: started 30 games, 21 goals 7 assists.

Roberts: started 20 games, 10 goals and 13 assists.

There styles are different Sinclair plays more of an inside forward.

Roberts is more of a play maker.

Its Roberts who has the headroom of potential and development. He has a huge pedigree as well at England U age and youth football its what prompted City to pay 13 million for a 17 year old.

The lad is a gem.

But they really don't happen anywhere near as often as is made out by rumours in the PL mate.

It's just not a done thing.
It would be interesting if something like "a player can only move if one (or more) are coming back as well as financial remuneration".

You'd get clubs looking for/asking for really good youngsters when they wind up selling a player of Lukaku's pedigree.

Doubt it would ever be allowed, mind.

With no summer tournament this year I wish they opened the window earlier, so we could let this all get going, I can't wait!!!

Sky reporting that Celtic are trying to sign Patrick Roberts for 5 mill from City. Don't think technically the 18 months in Scotland will have done him much good but know he was highly thought of when City signed him from Fulham and he'll be used to the physicality side of things having been roughed up playing sunday league football up there. Is he worth a punt for 5 million?

as if city would sell for £5m, they paid £12m for him!

Can't help but think that the reason we haven't bought anyone yet, or even been linked to the quality players we all crave, is Kenwrights fault, we will never progress as a club whils this fella remains in a prominent role..............................................Or it could be that the window hasn't opened yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back