Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be careful what you wish for.

12 months ago we sold our asset Stones and replaced him shortly after with Ashley Williams.

did that appease our fans?
Not my wish at all just what appears to be inevitable. One or both are leaving this summer.

I don't think Williams was meant to be a replacement for Stones. Maybe they actually did go in for Koulibaly and thought they could pull it off.

I think they might have learned a lesson last summer about the level of expectations rising once we make a sale. Not bringing in a top quality player and selling one of our most promising players is not a habit they will want to be seen getting into.

Smalling isn't brilliant but he's still young. Romero has surprised me how good he's been this year.
Romero's only 30 and better than anything we currently have. I'd not mind signing him, but if Real come calling for De Gea again, will that lot sell him? Not a Smalling fan at all though

united, would take shaw/smalling/romero any of them would be vast improvments to what we have in that position ( at least with shaw potentially wise)

Chelsea, would take michy and or zouma

I've seen a lot of links to youth players in the past couple of weeks from Everton. I wouldn't be surprised if that is a big focus in our next campaign. We still need to get some league ready signings in though.

Romero's only 30 and better than anything we currently have. I'd not mind signing him, but if Real come calling for De Gea again, will that lot sell him? Not a Smalling fan at all though

I think if we were getting some sort of "swap" deal we'd need assurances they wouldn't pull out of Romero in the even if De Gea leaving. Rather Rojo than Smalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back