Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to sell players if they dont want to play for you.. The problem will be getting a player as good Lukaku will take some replacing because of his goals.. Barkley has gone backwards really, i think there are a few out there who could replace him..

I didnt search them all, I was going to, but that article was as far as I got.

I agree, swap deals are very, very rare, they do happen tho

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...wansea-Gylfi-Sigurdsson-heads-Wales-deal.html

Probably the last I personally recall.
Yeah, that's the last one that springs to mind for me too - still hardly the same level as any potential Lukaku deal. Could be argued that there's only been 1 swap deal done at that sort of stature in history (Zlatan/Eto'o)

For those who are wanting us to make a statement by going after Virgil wham Dijk for £50M, do you realise we could probably buy Stones back much cheaper (given our hopefully reasonable sell in clause). We'd even make a profit it as it will cost us less to buy him back.

Who would you prefer?
Virgil wham Dijk or Stones back?

So we build the team around Morgan, Tom and Idrissa, the heart of any team is the midfield anyway so we're sound, we just need to actually buy some class players

A midfield of Morgan, Tom and Idrissa is not getting even remotely close to top 4.

Here is the thing.

the same hype you give to Davies and importance you give to his role in the first team now is the same hype you gave Barkley 4 years ago. Look how that turned out.

Just a suggestion for us blues, stop hyping and building teams around teenagers and sign some players instead yeah? Makes davies be in the team on merit, not because he is the new wonderkid at the club.

Jesus does any club above us get a 18 year old and then immediately want to build a team around them? No they sign actually experienced players who can come in and be successful for them now.

Here is the thing.

the same hype you give to Davies and importance you give to his role in the first team now is the same hype you gave Barkley 4 years ago. Look how that turned out.

Just a suggestion for us blues, stop hyping and building teams around teenagers and sign some players instead yeah? Makes davies be in the team on merit, not because he is the new wonderkid at the club.

Jesus does any club above us get a 18 year old and then immediately want to build a team around them? No they sign actually experienced players who can come in and be successful for them now.

Arsenal seem to want to do that with Mbiappe.

United did it with Rooney.

Not saying Davies and Ross are the same level of player, but the point stands.

I don't want anyone here who doesn't want to be here.

Koeman understands that in order to achieve success he needs the team to be united towards Everton's success before their individual success.

Stones and Lukaku were always looking away, I'm incredibly disappointed that Ross is. We move forward just like we did this year, I haven't lost any sleep over Stones since he left.
If you think that any of our players. In fact any of anyone's players, would put the success of their club before their own ambitions/bank balances/general happiness, you are deluding yourself to a quite remarkable extent.

So we build the team around Morgan, Tom and Idrissa, the heart of any team is the midfield anyway so we're sound, we just need to actually buy some class players
Do you suppose we won't be selling them in 12 months time if they have a good season and the CL clubs come calling? Unless the culture at the club changes we will always sell our top talent because we lack their ambition. We make excuses about how we couldn't possibly keep player X or buy player Y and wring our hands about FFP. Why, because the blerts who run this club have made us a bunch of low expectation having pussies. We've got to stop just accepting this rot that has set in, NSNO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back