Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few links to Keita Balde knocking around today. Anyone seen him play? Apparently had a great season in Italy bagging 16 goals playing as a left winger

What other option? Well there is a period of about 2 months where we can actually sign new players (queue kenwright waking up in a cold sweat about spending money) and we have a huge windfall coming to us it seems.

Ross when he came through did have a footballing brain I thought. Moments were amazing to watch that he could do things without thinking about them, pick a pass without having to check first. I can't offer am answer as to why that has gone other than opinions.

As for Davies, he really impressed me this season. I am not trying to say I don't want him in the team because I do, but I want him there on merit not automatically. As I said to your man above, the minute a young player doesn't need to fight and work hard they stop, they need pushing and most importantly get their make on that sheet as a reward not as an expectation.

I do agree they need to be in the team on merit and not be a guaranteed first starter just "because" but they're the best we've got and we should be building around the best who actually want to be there and won't have a hissy fit if their form drops resulting in them getting dropped. I think they're all in the mindset where they know they have to fight for their position, while the likes of Rom and Ross are on a differently wavelength where they expect to start regardless of what they do, so I think as a team we'll be better without them

But most of the current players fall into the same bracket as Howard and Cahill - they appreciate their lot because they know it's as good as it's going to get for a player of their level. I think if Chelsea had come knocking for Howard and City had moved for Cahill you might have found that they too started to think the grass could be greener elsewhere. It just never happened.

That's all that's happening here, the players who are coveted by better sides are having their heads turned. They're not bad people, and it doesn't disrupt squad harmony because all of them realise they'd be the same if it was them. Look at how Moyes and Lescott ended up reuniting - Moyes played the 'I'm so angry' card at the time because that's the done thing, but he didn't actually hold a grudge, because he knows how football works.

Leicester is a really bizarre example to use to be honest with you. Just a couple of months after achieving something most of the squad would never even have dreamed of, half of them downed tools and got the manager who'd taken them there the sack. They've lost Kante and Mahrez has said he wants to leave, so there's only really Vardy and possibly Schmeichel left that may have better options available to them. The others fall into the same category as those mentioned earlier.

Chelsea have just won the league and yet within 2 weeks both Costa and Hazard have mentioned the possibility of moving on. It's the way of the world I'm afraid, and if we really want to be the best we have to accept that having a load of try hards who are happy with their lot needs to knocked on the head and replaced with a team of ruthless, ambitious individuals.

Maybe Howard and Cahill would have had their heads turned, maybe not. It's a fair point to make.

What bothers me isn't them leaving, it's the fact that Lukaku in particular has gone out of his way to speak about leaving at every opportunity he's had for a couple of years straight now. That's the attitude that annoys me. I'll even give credit to Stones for putting in his transfer request, when's Romelu gonna put his in? He would have a cheek asking for a loyalty payment.

Lescott made me fume because he had been so obviously tapped up and was leaving for the money. After his first year or so he was a bit part player and I'm happy that his career ended with a whimper in Greece or something.

Whether Leicester players downed tools or not they did an amazing job of keeping hold of their players. Nobody really saw that coming from them and I thought they'd do a lot better than they did.

Costa and Hazard have mentioned leaving now at the end of the season, Lukaku's been talking about it for two years running.

He should stick in a transfer request and be done with it.

Few links to Keita Balde knocking around today. Anyone seen him play? Apparently had a great season in Italy bagging 16 goals playing as a left winger

Very good player, although a little inconsistent (saying that, all wingers are). Milan and Juventus are both keen on him too, so he'd probably cost in excess of £30-40m.

Gotta say, i hate seeing "DCL" being branded about. It's like when you give someone a nickname at school and there's that initial excitement to say it so that you sound cool. "DCL" this & "DCL" that.

He's CRAP!

TAAA RAAAA LAAAD. Championship playyaaaaaa

As fans of Everton I think our expectations are to high, we have just secured a euro league place top players don't want to be playing in that they want champions league. That's why it's better to let Lukaku go he thinks he's better than us and at the present time he may be right, even thought he does think he is better than he is. We signed Snides and he is the type of player we should be aiming for, good but probably wouldn't play regularly for any of the top 6, Sigurdsson who we have been linked with is much the same a very good player but probably would struggle for regular game time at any of the top 6 sides. There are some good players around let say lesser teams but finding them is hard, the top side usually buy from the top sides or sides just below let's say euro places. We found a gem in Gueye got lucky with a brilliant youngster coming through with Davies, Coleman is class when fit, Baines has a few seasons still in him and Bolasie to come back, all them players at the present time are at their level here and do seem to be quite happy. We can't mess around trying to keep the likes of Lukaku and Barkley happy if they think they can go on to better things let them (for the right price) I can gurantee we will soon be raving on about their replacements and they will be long forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back