Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st of July tomorrow, Chelsea unveils their Nike deal.

Could be the first signs of what's up with Lukaku. I hope they go for Bellotti and we end up "stuck" with Lukaku.
That Chelsea fella on Talk Sport in the afternoon said a while ago he didn't think they would buy anyone until the new shirt comes out for marketing reasons, makes sense really

they've just dropped 30 something on Rudiger

And sold players for 130 million - not core players either. Now you can see what efc are up to. Getting on that gravy train is a smart move. I guess we will see lots of buys like that. Cheap with massive potential. Now you see why we were able to afford and beat others to Walsh. I said Now you see too much but now you see part of the big Mosh plan. Impressive.

We don't want or have to sell, so why would we sell for less then we value him at?

Who even says the price tag is £100m? Who as put that on his head? I just see that figure in the media. I just personally don't think he will go for that. And I do think he will go this summer. He wants out, he's made clear enough in the media and by rejecting a new contract so maybe IF we get replacements in, a deal will be done to sell him. By all accounts we did very well to keep him last season and also by all accounts, he's got a gentlemans agreement to leave this summer, just like Stones had the previous year?!.....

Who even says the price tag is £100m? Who as put that on his head? I just see that figure in the media. I just personally don't think he will go for that. And I do think he will go this summer. He wants out, he's made clear enough in the media and by rejecting a new contract so maybe IF we get replacements in, a deal will be done to sell him. By all accounts we did very well to keep him last season and also by all accounts, he's got a gentlemans agreement to leave this summer, just like Stones had the previous year?!.....
The 'gentlemens agreement' you refer to is quite simple. Stones was told if a club bid 50m, he can go, hence city eventually bid it.
Fast forward a year, lukaku can leave the club, but this time it's 100m. If Chelsea or united don't want to pay it, the gentlemen's agreement will mean nothing as they haven't met the asking price.

The 'gentlemens agreement' you refer to is quite simple. Stones was told if a club bid 50m, he can go, hence city eventually bid it.
Fast forward a year, lukaku can leave the club, but this time it's 100m. If Chelsea or united don't want to pay it, the gentlemen's agreement will mean nothing as they haven't met the asking price.

Yeah, but says who? It's just my opinion but personally I don't think he's got an £100m price tag on his head. I've seen a few media outlets and journos a lately saying between £70-80m could get the deal done and I think that's about right and what he will go for.

Yeah, but says who? It's just my opinion but personally I don't think he's got an £100m price tag on his head. I've seen a few media outlets and journos a lately saying between £70-80m could get the deal done and I think that's about right and what he will go for.
I wouldn't believe anything in the media, they will only be biased towards Chelsea anyway. You feel a price tag of between 70-80m to be right. Can I just ask you how many strikers in world football can guarantee you 20+ goals in the Premiership. The answer is not many. Hence why there is a premium to be paid for lukaku who guarantees this and has only just turned 24 with his best years ahead of him. Everton hold the aces, and the 'gentlemens agreement' will be activated when evertons asking price is met.

In terms of playmakers, who are we still linked to? Sigurdsson really isn't a 10.

Brozovic? Calhangolu?

I still think pairing someone like Lemos with Keane would be lovely in terms of distribution from the back. I personally HATE the idea of relying on a single #10 for creating all of our offense, nor do I think we need one with some of the players we have now.

Just buy Sexy Cesc. Life will be good and we will eat bacon on toast with HP Sauce before every game, home and away. Life.

The £100m is just to scare people off, we would obviously sell for less than that. He won't go for under £80m though.

My personal opinion is that he'll wait and see what we do early in the window before he decides

Just buy Sexy Cesc. Life will be good and we will eat bacon on toast with HP Sauce before every game, home and away. Life.

Swerve Cesc, still remember when Arteta tapped him at Goodison and you could hear him scream from the other end of the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back