Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get he hasn't got a lot of creativity around him at us but even for Belgium against the top sides he struggles, and look at the players he has around him there! Hazard, de Bruyne, Mertens, Carrasco, Witsel etc. The thing with Lukaku, if you've got anything about you as a player or team, you can easily stop Lukaku. I agree his finishing ability is definitely is biggest and main attribute but the rest, his hold up play, touch and even his movement, isn't all that.

If/when he goes to Chelsea, you will see how effective the likes of Hazard, Pedro and Willian will be. It's why the likes of Costa, and Drogba before him, we're so good for Chelsea and their flair players. They were great at bringing them into play in dangerous areas. If you watch Costa closely or watch scouting videos of him and you'll see that his off the ball movement and play is very underrated and a big plus for the games of the likes of Hazard and Pedro. This is the side of the game where Lukaku is lacking and imo it's going to be an issue initially for Chelsea.
That's why he won't be leaving us. He's not a Conte type player

Belgium are crap (somewhat amazingly). Chelsea are very good.

They are but players like Hazard, Pedro & Willian do depend on that link play from their striker. They like that Costa drags CB's out of their comfort zones and out of position and drops into pockets of spaces in the final third to open up spaces for those players and link with them once their in there to help them do damage. That side of the game, I just think it's gonna be a big difference for Chelsea from what they got from Costa to what they will get from Lukaku.

If this Iranians got the dough.

nintchdbpict000316280964.jpg

Everton arent we?

:hayee::hayee::hayee::hayee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back