Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Lukaku to United now in some sort of deal where we get Rooney in exchange. Why would we do that when virtually any other player in the United team would be better for us than Rooney.

An amazing set of transfers for us seems to be coming to an abrupt and sad end. Hopefully it falls though over Rooney wage demands.​

Why does it?

Looks like Lukaku to United now in some sort of deal where we get Rooney in exchange. Why would we do that when virtually any other player in the United team would be better for us than Rooney.

An amazing set of transfers for us seems to be coming to an abrupt and sad end. Hopefully it falls though over Rooney wage demands.​

It won't fall through, the boy Wayne is coming home......

he accused us of tapping up Icardi...talking to him without the Inter's permission... only other thing I read was Icardi had retweeted stories linking him with a move to us, apparently shaping for it... apparently a 26mil bid turned down but that is nowhere near enough for him anyway in the current market...unlikely transfer probably
First I've heard of any of that. As you say, unlikely transfer and certainly not at £27m. Great coup if we can pull it off. But realistically, all the rumours I've heard have been the likes of Juve, Chelsea and Utd so why would he come to us.

That would be the logical move. £100m or whatever we get for Lukaku should be reinvested towards a top striker.
Well we were supposedly showing interest in lacazette before Arsenal showed their hand. That is the level of striker we should be going for (cheeky bids for Werner or Icardi next) convincing them to come here would be slightly harder.

It won't fall through, the boy Wayne is coming home......

One report saying that Rooney is now joining the united team in their preseason tour in USA-he was not planning to go because of a potential move to us but seems the crazy huge wages he is asking for is creating problems after all. I'd be OK with him for 100k or less but anything else is going to make us a laughing stock.

To be honest it's abit sad that we will be strengthening the team one place above us in the league last year when that's the team we should be aiming to catch.

I'd rather sell to Chelsea

First I've heard of any of that. As you say, unlikely transfer and certainly not at £27m. Great coup if we can pull it off. But realistically, all the rumours I've heard have been the likes of Juve, Chelsea and Utd so why would he come to us.

apparently I was reading a fake news report lol just got over excited... not likely to happen

One report saying that Rooney is now joining the united team in their preseason tour in USA-he was not planning to go because of a potential move to us but seems the crazy huge wages he is asking for is creating problems after all. I'd be OK with him for 100k or less but anything else is going to make us a laughing stock.

Source?

Okay don't shoot me down here. But, If we do end up with 100M to spend on a straight replacement, how often does James Rodriguez get a game for Real? I don't watch La Liga much so I don't know if he's just a sub or a cup player. Sounds daft because of his calibre but with Ronaldo ahead of him, you never know. He could be tired of just sitting on the bench waiting for Ronaldo to tire before he gets a shot.

Throw 200K a week at him for 3 years with a bid of 65M and we'd come out with change

To be honest it's abit sad that we will be strengthening the team one place above us in the league last year when that's the team we should be aiming to catch.

I'd rather sell to Chelsea
Agreed. United were poor last season and haven't really done anything to address that yet. Arguably they are weaker without zlatan. They already had a sound central defence so I don't know why they spent 31m on that lad from benfica. As you said, we have a chance this season (with our respective recruitments) to close the gap on united, we wouldn't do it to Chelsea. Yet we are considering selling our best player to them. But are we, mourinho didn't rate Rom last time, who knows he might feel the same. Maybe this is a ploy for Chelsea to speed up their interest.

For all the the Giroud haters...
IMG_20170705_211833.webp

Okay don't shoot me down here. But, If we do end up with 100M to spend on a straight replacement, how often does James Rodriguez get a game for Real? I don't watch La Liga much so I don't know if he's just a sub or a cup player. Sounds daft because of his calibre but with Ronaldo ahead of him, you never know. He could be tired of just sitting on the bench waiting for Ronaldo to tire before he gets a shot.

Throw 200K a week at him for 3 years with a bid of 65M and we'd come out with change
Would be a fantastic signing. However we need a proven out and out striker to replace Rom not an attacking midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back