Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to buy someone with a bit of star quality (pls excuse the expression) and not just replace Lukaku with 2-3 solid pros. Otherwise we´re just running to stand still imho.

Agree we need magic something we missed last season I thought.

Hopefully we go do a real job with the extra money and not settle for two old pro's

Stoke offer Jags £50k a week move, no mention of a transfer fee that I can find. I wouldn't let him go unless there is a good replacement lined up especially with the two young lads off up to Sunderland.

If he goes though, good luck to him. He'd be better off angling for Palace if he was looking to move if you were interested I'm my humble opinion.

Assuming we're gonna spend a good chunk of the Lukaku money on a replacement, it would be great if Rom is gone by the end of next week.

That gives us loads of time to spend the money and thrash out a good deal for a new striker with his club.
Likewise getting Rooney and Giroud in quickly will make us more attractive to whoever we will bid the big money for.

This is starting to look good to me, picking a attacking 4-6 out of this lot:

Giroud, Sandro, Lookman, DCL + another proven striker.

Supported by Rooney, Barkley, Klaasen, Bolasie, Mirallas (+ another/Gylfi?)

Assuming we're gonna spend a good chunk of the Lukaku money on a replacement, it would be great if Rom is gone by the end of next week.

That gives us loads of time to spend the money and thrash out a good deal for a new striker with his club.
Likewise getting Rooney and Giroud in quickly will make us more attractive to whoever we will bid the big money for.

I can't see us buying Giroud, Rooney and another expensive signing. Them two will be very expensive wage wise.
We will have lost 1 striker and replaced with 3, can't see us going to 4.

I had even forgotten about Lookman. I'd be hoping he'd score about 5 or 6 next season at the very least.

Stoke offer Jags £50k a week move, no mention of a transfer fee that I can find. I wouldn't let him go unless there is a good replacement lined up especially with the two young lads off up to Sunderland.

If he goes though, good luck to him. He'd be better off angling for Palace if he was looking to move if you were interested I'm my humble opinion.

Keane, Williams, RFM & Holgate are enough currently if he goes.

As a total guess i'd say Jags is on or near £50k a week here anyway. Where have you seen this one?

I can't see us buying Giroud, Rooney and another expensive signing. Them two will be very expensive wage wise.
We will have lost 1 striker and replaced with 3, can't see us going to 4.

Fair point. I was just thinking if we get £75m, plus cover on Rooney's wages (about 50% or 12m a year I think). Then we're spending 12m a year to have Rooney, still plenty left.

I'd like Giroud but I'm not sure I'd be happy with him for £20m and as the Lukaku replacement. Then again, I don't know what the boy Sandro will be capable of - he could be the one we all love next season.

That's assuming we are going to reinvest the Lukaku fee - but it looks like we will do.

I had even forgotten about Lookman. I'd be hoping he'd score about 5 or 6 next season at the very least.

I'm hoping to see great things from him. Seems like Koeman is a big fan too; he'll get game time for sure next season.

BBC Sport Saying Man Utd have ended interest in morrata from Real Madrid should Everton go after him to replace Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back