Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that Sinclair lad ar Celtic would he come? Also everyone knows we have money now so I get the feeling it could be 1 more signing maximum....hence all the buys done early....etc

Personally I like him, and he's our only left footed CB.

We also have Jags who is worse than Mori imo, and Williams who I'm not a big fan of either.

Keane, Jags and Williams as our 3 senior centre backs going into a fixture heavy season is asking for trouble.

I like him but again I dont think he is now good enough, the money we are spending and some of the players we are bringing in are a level above, we need that level from 1 to 11

I like him but again I dont think he is now good enough, the money we are spending and some of the players we are bringing in are a level above, we need that level from 1 to 11
I understand he isn't a top level player, but he does his job more often than not and like Joel is/was often unfairly criticized.

Unless we sign another centre back, and I don't think splashing 65m on one is a good idea either, then we are an injury or two away from full meltdown

If we sell Mori I'm going to be really, really annoyed.

Our squad will end up thinner than when it started at this rate
Ronald (first name basis now like) Ronald said last season that he likes to work with a small squad...I think he has realised this bunch of cowards Moyes and El Bob have produced will win nothing so is determined to bring a little snide and a winning mentality to the spine. Not so sure I agree... I like my men to shake hands and curtsy... Before a match

I'm a fan but 15mil for McCarthy and the same for mori

15mil McCarthy
15mil Mori
8mil Clev
10.5mil Deulofeu
4,5mil McGeady

53mil

niasse
robles
rodriguez
tarashaj
garbutt

could fetch 17more? Who else is at risk?

Looking at the transfer market site as a gauge we have spent 83.3m and recouped 93.1m. Looking at a fairly significant significant increase in wages mind.

I think McCarthy will go for about 15m. We won't make any money from mcgeady once we have paid him off. I would keep Mori. I can see someone taking a punt on Naisse for 8-10m at the end of the window. Sadly Ross will be gone too unless he signs a new deal. The fee will be modest as there appears to be few takers. Probably around 20m.

So that would take sales to approx 140m. I suspect we will spend another 60 or 70m on 1 quality striker and 1 wide forward which will leave us overall with a pretty modest net spend and possibly much better side. Left back and another CB can wait until next summer. Playing FM is so much fun :)

Ronald (first name basis now like) Ronald said last season that he likes to work with a small squad...I think he has realised this bunch of cowards Moyes and El Bob have produced will win nothing so is determined to bring a little snide and a winning mentality to the spine. Not so sure I agree... I like my men to shake hands and curtsy... Before a match
3 senior cb small though? This is a guy who openly wants 3 goalkeepers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back