Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't care if it's £60m or £6m VVD is a worthy purchase. And none of this "don't want too many new players at the back" nonsense it makes no difference.

A new CB pairing of real quality that could be with us for 5 years or more is not to be sniffed at! Keane & van Dijk would be a dream. I've seen a few reputable people say we've made a move for van Dijk and I'm not saying their lying or anything but just cos we've made a bid doesn't mean Southampton will accept it or we will get him!

Leicester wants 50 millions for mahrez...so unfortunately that possibly would be asking too much...

Yeah it would, but rumours are that Leicester want McCarthy...

Could we do a deal where McCarthy & Mahrez swap clubs aswell as a bit of money? Highly unlikely but I do think we will ask the question on Mahrez before the window closes.

Go on I'll bite.

I'm going v Stoke:

pickford

Kenny Keane Williams baines

Schneiderlin gueye davies

Rooney mirallas

Sandro

Purely based on who we have signed, also
Klaassen could take time to settle.

Also depends if Kenny has a good enough pre season to convince Koeman.

Think Rooney could play quite a lot early on for experience, knows the league (obviously). The wild cards are Barkley and sigurdsson who I think are interlinked.

For the same reasons as Rooney, but to a lesser extent I'd expect pickford and Keane to settle in very quickly.

Naa Klaassen will be in the starting line up barring injury. And imo it'll unfortunately be for Davies in the midfield...

Love the twitter rumours me

It's like these folk take a stab in the dark and just love the limelight and hope it comes to fruition! People were doing it with Keane, saying it was all done and dusted months ago, had his medical days before he actually did have it! Until we agree a fee with Swansea, Sigurdsson won't be having his medical anytime soon....

It just looks so lopsided with Sigurdsson in there forcing Rooney to play on the right. I really don't understand our obsession with Sigurdsson, he's decent enough, but for that price nah I wouldn't be gutted if that one fell through.
I agree and am actually hoping it's not true. For that money I would be hoping for better.

Yeah it would, but rumours are that Leicester want McCarthy...

Could we do a deal where McCarthy & Mahrez swap clubs aswell as a bit of money? Highly unlikely but I do think we will ask the question on Mahrez before the window closes.

Exactly the type of player we are missing. Creative with pace and some end product. £50m is obviously too high but he has handed in a transfer request so one to monitor

Exactly the type of player we are missing. Creative with pace and some end product. £50m is obviously too high but he has handed in a transfer request so one to monitor

A left footed wide player that would add balance to the side. I'm loving the signings we've made and would love the likes of Giroud & Sigurdsson to come in but al those players are more centralised players. For me the team/squad seems a bit unbalanced. I know we've got the likes of Mirallas, Lookman and Bolasie when fit but I feel we could do with another, better wide option in the squad and I hope Koeman & Walsh have someone lined up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back