Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He says:

Think our interests have cooled in Bas Dost due to the ridiculous amount they want but I hear we've taken an interest in Max Meyer. Had a scout over there on two occasions last year to watch him.

Also hear we are about to enquire about Sigurdsson's availability and price in the coming days, if the deal is right for both clubs then we will get him.

Benteke is nothing put papers rumours from what I know. Looking at another centre half but no names as of yet.
Max meyer is perfect for what we need him and a striker and i would be chuffed as hell reckon he could be available for 30 Mil ueros

He says:

Think our interests have cooled in Bas Dost due to the ridiculous amount they want but I hear we've taken an interest in Max Meyer. Had a scout over there on two occasions last year to watch him.

Also hear we are about to enquire about Sigurdsson's availability and price in the coming days, if the deal is right for both clubs then we will get him.

Benteke is nothing put papers rumours from what I know. Looking at another centre half but no names as of yet.

I don't tend to believe to much WRD says anymore, wether he is just passing on information he is given or not, the last 18 months he has seemed to of got more wrong then right.

Keane & Schmeichel done - We did get Keane done, but i very much doubt it was done back when he said, the player himself said he had an option of going to utd

The mystery left back

Rooney being no.9 (let him off on that one, as at the time that may of been what everton were offering him as they thought Lukaku may stay)

I'm not saying he dosent get passed info, but i wouldnt get over excited when he pops certain names up, as they are far from done when he mentions them

He says:

WRD is a bit hit and miss. I don't believe the so-called itk existed. It's a guessing game.

Lucas Perez has lost his shirt number and isn't on the tour. Definitely going back to Spain.
Not only do players regret leaving the might blues, I bet they even regret not signing for us when they had the chance. Perez, Arnautovic, Sissoko all unhappy with the outcomes of their decisions last summer. Possibly Siggy too.

Well, the bus has left guys and you ain't on it.

I dunno. De Boer said he wants Palace playing the Ajax way. Pretty sure they don't be have a lump up front. Or do they? Hipsters will tell you.

Either way, don't really want him. I did at one point though.
I've always rated him; although I do think that he's never been quite the same since the big achilles injury at Villa.

Long season with different team challenges.

Some games will require delivery into the box. Others will need playing through.
Ideally we will have a squad of 25 who can exploit weakness in any opposition.
That was why Man United won the EL last season. They where not the best team in the competition, but they where able to look for and capitalise on the oppositions frailties.

We should be targeting that competition.
Agree. I don't think United had the best players but they did have the best squad last season. And in Mourinho, they have a manager who knows how to set his team up for individual games, and had the options at his disposal to choose from. His teams don't usually play sexy football but they do play winning football.

WRD is a bit hit and miss. I don't believe the so-called itk existed. It's a guessing game.

You had him down as ITK in the last window, why so quick to turn on him?

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/january-transfer-thread-2017.92578/page-922#post-5176367

upload_2017-7-11_11-33-45.webp

I'd probably pay £40m for Peresic in today's market. Doesn't solve our striker problem though.

Not panicking yet as there's still 7 weeks of transfer window left, but given our very difficult start it would obviously be good to get somebody in early.

The Rooney signing is starting to grow on me.

Exactly mate. Guaranteed experience either way, which gives us breathing room.

Max Meyer would do nicely, the lad Arnold for Germany has always impressed aswell

Arnold is almost Kroos-like in how he can run the game from deep though I think that given we have Schneiderlin it'd be a no go. Plus, I'm not sure he's ready yet for PL - he needs a bit more time and space to be at his best.

Meyer would be a great addition. Went off the boil after initially coming through at Schalke, but seems to have refound some form last season. Versatile as well - capable of playing behind the striker or wide.

One thing I would bear in mind as fun as the shouts are.

Teams above us are unlikely to want to sell us their quality squad players i.e martial, sturridge, batshuayi whoever.

As we spend more and raise our profile we start to become a threat and the top 6 would rather we stay a distant 7th and not make things more complicated.
Not sure that's true really.

There's quite a few players been traded between the top clubs over the last few years (Mata, Welbeck, Cech, Sturridge, Moses, supposedly Matic this summer). I think the reason it doesn't happen more is to do with one of the main concerns many people have raised about some of our signings/links recently - if you're buying the cast offs of the team above you, it doesn't seem the most likely way to get yourself to their level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back