Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't tend to believe to much WRD says anymore, wether he is just passing on information he is given or not, the last 18 months he has seemed to of got more wrong then right.

Keane & Schmeichel done - We did get Keane done, but i very much doubt it was done back when he said, the player himself said he had an option of going to utd

The mystery left back

Rooney being no.9 (let him off on that one, as at the time that may of been what everton were offering him as they thought Lukaku may stay)

I'm not saying he dosent get passed info, but i wouldnt get over excited when he pops certain names up, as they are far from done when he mentions them

Who says we aren't still in for a left-back?

He's got Rooney, Keane, Schneiderlin all right.

Who says we aren't still in for a left-back?

He's got Rooney, Keane, Schneiderlin all right.

I'm not having a pop at the kid mate, im just saying i wouldnt get carried away with any names he gives out as he has been found to be wrong a fair bit recently, that does not mean he is wrong or guessing or making stuff up, it just means the inf ohe gives we cannot hang on every word due to bumps in the road one way or another

FFS!!!

fake-tweet20170711-9-d2q2qw.jpg

Max meyer is perfect for what we need him and a striker and i would be chuffed as hell reckon he could be available for 30 Mil ueros
Know very little about him other than he has been talked about as a very promising player for a few years now. Has his progress stalled as he hasn't moved on to one of the very big clubs in europe I have no idea but if we sign him I will get behind him.

Utterly irrelevant. The net spend argument (as I and others have been saying for a while) is over a longer run period than one single season.

Look, just about everyone in the game knows that at sometime in this league you have to have a massive period of spending to keep your own best players and attract world class talent at the top end of the market. Then you can player trade to your hearts content and balance books for a couple of seasons if need be.

Why on earth are some fans trying to give a free pass on this to a club owner?

Dont do his work for him, hold his feet to the fire and make sure we're not just churning over the cash from player sales...which IS what we're seeing now.

'Kin ell, podcasts from Evertonians "proving" that their lord and master with the wallet that never actually opens is doing us a favour by not spending more than we take in.

Unreal.

I think you might actually be insane. We brought in 8 new players since January (7 of which will be in the match day squad and likely to be starters), we have sold one starter (albeit an important one). There is no point splashing cash around just for the sake of it like some sort of football brewster's millions on players that we don't really want or need or chasing players that don't want to come to us. We will add a few more players before the end of the window and we will have the strongest and most balanced squad that we have had in years. Whether it gels is another matter but that is always uncertain when you buy a lot of players. We have conducted our business extremely well this summer, bought players with the right profile/potential for were we are at the moment. Absolutely no need to criticise. It took City a bit of time to attract top class talent and we don't have anywhere near the money that they do. We are doing it more like the tottenham way.

I would prefer Benteke to Giroud, I know I am in a minority.

I think the Giroud link is unrealistic anyway. Arsenal will want to keep him in their squad and they won't want to sell him to a club that is seen as a direct competitor with them..which we are.

If Giroud leaves it leaves them without the option that he offers in games where he comes on and offers an aerial presence.
There is a reason he does not start so many games for Arsenal and I believe that he is better as an impact sub but when starting can be ineffective over the full length of a game.

Benteke almost guarantees goals. He has made a couple of poor moves including Liverpool where he almost became a complete outcast, but he is a good striker and would offer a physical presence which we lack after losing Lukaku.

I don't know if Palace are interested in selling, but, as with all strikers in the Premiership he will probably be grossly overpriced.

I'm suspecting we have turned his head, will be a decent bench warmer.
Missed the boat last season mate. I think we've moved on since plus I don't like going back in for layers who have already turned us down once. That's probably misplaced pride but hey
Exactly mate. Guaranteed experience either way, which gives us breathing room.
The experience and winning mentality is important as you say mate, but it wasn't upmost in my mind when I made that comment. Its the flexibility and options that he brings to the squad.

As a side note, just over 12 months ago we were bemoaning the lack of leaders in our squad. Since then, we have brought in players like Williams, Schneids, Klaassen and Rooney, plus Seamus has emerged as a creditable captain for his country. You can really see a backbone to this squad starting to come through. Exciting times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back