Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said in the main, you must sit behind a pillar lad :)
Great view from my seat.

Anyway, let's not turn things nasty;)
I think he is a player that does split opinion, much like his predecessor Distin did.

Thought he was quality years ago, but his pace is definitely an issue, imo. Can only see it getting worse this year as he is another year older.

Erm, I don't think anyone has said that.

In a back three, Williams was superb last season. That can't be argued with and the facts back that up.

In a back two, yeh, his lack of pace gets exposed and hinders us. But, that has a lot to do with the fact none of our other CB's are blessed with pace either. Holgate is, but probably isn't ready to play in a two yet.

Keane is a lot quicker. He's not rapid, but will help a lot in that regard.
It was obviously a pure coincidence that our defensive record improved dramatically with him in the side and Swanseas dramatically died on its arse.

Great view from my seat.

Anyway, let's not turn things nasty;)
I think he is a player that does split opinion, much like his predecessor Distin did.

Thought he was quality years ago, but his pace is definitely an issue, imo. Can only see it getting worse this year as he is another year older.
He's always made the odd mistake, but he reads the game brilliantly in the main and is a genuine leader on the pitch. He's an old school traditional CB, no frills but solid as hell. He'll prove invaluable in that regard this season imo. He's never had any real pace btw mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back