Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our defensive options are a joke outside of Keane:

RB: Martina who's pap and a Crocked Coleman
CB: Past it Jags and 20 stone Williams
LB: past it Baines

Need another 2-3 Coming in imo but doubt it'll happen.
Williams will be fine. Funes Mori is also underrated.

Our fullbacks are rubbish. No getting around that.

I think he's an exciting little player but he's not a 'striker' in the sense of getting in the box and popping it in the goal. There's an interesting analysis of his playing style here:

https://differentgame.wordpress.com/2017/07/04/the-data-scout-sandro-ramirez/

It's an interesting read although I'm not 100% sure what to make of that guys analysis, mostly because 9\14 goals he got were inside the box although it's clear he likes shooting from deeper too.

The hard thing to know, is if he came deep because Malaga are pretty naff, so he had to, to get more influence on the game or wether that's his natural game, especially when it's only his first full season with a team.

The guy writing it did shoot himself in the foot a bit when he said "Everton fans looking for a no.9 who holds it up better than Lukaku might be a bit disappointed."

It's possible to hold it up worse than Lukaku? lol

Whatever his play style, I guess the main thing is Sandro looks like he knows how to score. Wether he plays upfront or out wide I'm pretty convinced he'll do well for us by his videos. I do think Koeman will play him as a striker though, at least initially, judging by him getting the no.9 shirt.

Tbh I don't think any of us know for sure what formation or tactics Koeman will go with as it looks like we'll have a few options to switch between depending on which signings do well.

It's an interesting read although I'm not 100% sure what to make of that guys analysis, mostly because 9\14 goals he got were inside the box although it's clear he likes shooting from deeper too.

The hard thing to know, is if he came deep because Malaga are pretty naff, so he had to, to get more influence on the game or wether that's his natural game, especially when it's only his first full season with a team.

The guy writing it did shoot himself in the foot a bit when he said "Everton fans looking for a no.9 who holds it up better than Lukaku might be a bit disappointed."

It's possible to hold it up worse than Lukaku? lol

Whatever his play style, I guess the main thing is Sandro looks like he knows how to score. Wether he plays upfront or out wide I'm pretty convinced he'll do well for us by his videos. I do think Koeman will play him as a striker though, at least initially, judging by him getting the no.9 shirt.

Tbh I don't think any of us know for sure what formation or tactics Koeman will go with as it looks like we'll have a few options to switch between depending on which signings do well.

Yeah I'm cautiously fascinated to see how the hell we line up next season.

Re: the goals inside the box thing, he's using a more complex model to look at what kind of shots 'should' go in, a large part of which is angle (i.e., vertically in line with the 6-yard box).

He's got a hell of a shot on him though and seems to have good movement so he could explode for a better team, who knows!

Genuinely genuinely impressed with the removal of the deadwood in the squad and actually getting money for some of them! Just over a year in charge for RonKo and most gone. (anyone other than Niasse left?)

Nothing is happening till Joyce tweets it IMO. So I'm not excited about Giroud or Sigurdsson or whatever yet.

Joyce as said we want both. Also said Arsenal want in excess of £35m for Giroud! Joyce and John Cross both say that and Cross is close to Arsenal and reports a lot on them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back