Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need to sign squad fillers. Likes of DCL, Lookman, Dowell, Kenny, Robinson, Williams, Walsh etc should boost positions where needed. If Coleman was fit I'd don't think we'd be in for Martina.

We need 2 first team players at the top end of the pitch. Adding Pickford and Keane to a back 5 with Williams, Barnes and Coleman when fit is strong enough. Midfield is well stocked, just need a replacement for Rom and a wide player.

Spot on this. Buy first team quality but use the younger lads to pad squad out.

Lawd help me if we somehow manage to avoid bringing in either a proper striker or a proper passer.

Sandro is a proper stiker and he's going to boss it.

Could do with a target man to give different options but I think everyone is overlooking how good Sandro will be.

Or the manager trusts a player he knows rather than a academy lad. That's the concern mate.

As I said before the unveiling will say a lot if he gets the full vid social media fandabbydozy effort or just the stock pic and smile ones.

I'd imagine Koeman is gonna give young Kenny every opportunity this pre season to stake his claim for the starting spot at RB. Martina is just seen as a versatile defensive option and a genuine RB option going into the season to add cover, competition.

It would ask a lot of a young, inexperienced lad to come in and perform week in, week out for sustained periods. And I don't think Koeman really wants to use Holgate there much anymore either so it just makes sense to Koeman to bring in a player he knows for a position were a bit short in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back