Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schick would be a great signing. He's off to Juve though

Patrik Schick could be forced to spend up to two months on the sidelines, so Juventus could loan him from Sampdoria.

The Czech striker had a medical with the Bianconeri last month, but no official announcement of his signing followed.

It was later reported that a cardiac issue had been detected, throwing the deal into jeopardy.

Yesterday Schick underwent a new set of tests in Rome, hoping to confirm or deny the results from J-Medical.

According to this morning’s Gazzetta dello Sport, his cardiac problem - if confirmed - is not life threatening, but would require 45-60 days of rest.

CONI, the Italian Olympic Committee, has said he can play, but he needs time for the problem to clear up.

That would mean Schick wouldn’t even be able to train with the Bianconeri, putting his €30m move in jeopardy.

Instead, the newspaper reports, Juve could take him on loan for this season, with an option to buy for next summer.

That would allow Schick to work with his new teammates, and he’d be available to the squad around January.

The buyout could become obligatory after a set number of appearances, allowing the Old Lady to evaluate Schick at close quarters before signing him.

Patrik Schick could be forced to spend up to two months on the sidelines, so Juventus could loan him from Sampdoria.

The Czech striker had a medical with the Bianconeri last month, but no official announcement of his signing followed.

It was later reported that a cardiac issue had been detected, throwing the deal into jeopardy.

Yesterday Schick underwent a new set of tests in Rome, hoping to confirm or deny the results from J-Medical.

According to this morning’s Gazzetta dello Sport, his cardiac problem - if confirmed - is not life threatening, but would require 45-60 days of rest.

CONI, the Italian Olympic Committee, has said he can play, but he needs time for the problem to clear up.

That would mean Schick wouldn’t even be able to train with the Bianconeri, putting his €30m move in jeopardy.

Instead, the newspaper reports, Juve could take him on loan for this season, with an option to buy for next summer.

That would allow Schick to work with his new teammates, and he’d be available to the squad around January.

The buyout could become obligatory after a set number of appearances, allowing the Old Lady to evaluate Schick at close quarters before signing him.

SWERVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE

For me there wasn't an 'outstanding' addition Zat.

They wouldn't have had a chance of winning Serie A.

Bonucci I think has sent them right up there. He's that good.

Zat mate?

How do you feel about that 11 compared to Juve...with/without Bonucci they'd be strong.

How about compared to our eleven (incl Sigurdsson)....

Main difference imo is the full left back and left centre back positions...

Swerve heart issues after what happened to Nouri

How do you feel about that 11 compared to Juve...with/without Bonucci they'd be strong.

How about compared to our eleven (incl Sigurdsson)....

Main difference imo is the full left back and left centre back positions...

Juve are still stronger but neither Benatia or Rugani are any where near Bonucci. It'll be interesting to see if they go after another CB...

I'd say, bar Bonucci, they'd be pretty level. They'd just have the edge, on paper.

Re Walcott - think I've posted this before but I work with a lad whose brother is an agent. This particular colleague is a bit of a blert in all honesty, but now and again he comes out with something worth listening to

He told me the other month that during the course of our negotiations with over Calvert-Lewin's new contract, the subject of Walcott came up (same agency) and both sides were interested but they were miles away on money so it was unlikely anything would ever happen, this was a week or two before we were first linked with him in the press

Sure I've posted that before TBH. This lad rarely says anything of any use and, as previously mentioned, is a bit of a biff so I don't usually talk to him much unless I've had a drink and can stand his "banter".

The only other Everton-related bit he gave me was telling me that one of his brother's mates had been engaged by Joel Robles to sound out any interest from Premier League clubs

Take that with as much salt as you like

..his own thread, oh dear.

Not any more mate, @Bruce Wayne is the superhero that the forum needs !

Anyway, a summer transfer window wouldn't really wouldn't be a summer transfer window without a Walcott rumour ( probably ) dreamt up by some lazy journo. God knows what the hacks would ever do if we did sign him, I guess they'd have to dream up some other vaguely plausible rumour to print.

Expecting us to busy until August 31st, the deals we want now are going to take much longer than the ones we previous negotiated

Re Walcott - think I've posted this before but I work with a lad whose brother is an agent. This particular colleague is a bit of a blert in all honesty, but now and again he comes out with something worth listening to

He told me the other month that during the course of our negotiations with over Calvert-Lewin's new contract, the subject of Walcott came up (same agency) and both sides were interested but they were miles away on money so it was unlikely anything would ever happen, this was a week or two before we were first linked with him in the press

Sure I've posted that before TBH. This lad rarely says anything of any use and, as previously mentioned, is a bit of a biff so I don't usually talk to him much unless I've had a drink and can stand his "banter".

The only other Everton-related bit he gave me was telling me that one of his brother's mates had been engaged by Joel Robles to sound out any interest from Premier League clubs

Take that with as much salt as you like
@orly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back