Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton back in for Spurs midfielder Moussa Sissoko
Everton have made an approach to Spurs to loan their midfielder Moussa Sissoko according to French newspaper l’equipe.

I would like to stress that in no way am I ITK but I have a feeling that the reason that everything has gone quiet with Sigurdsson is because a deal is already in place and we are now allowing Swansea to go and replace him.
This is all guesswork but similar to what happened with Lukaku where we knew he was gone but technically still had him on the books for a while whilst we went out and did some business.
I may of course be talking complete rubbish but it's just a hunch

Maybe? But I doubt it. Maybe they have said wait till we get 2 or 3 in and then we'll come to an agreement on a deal? It seems like we did that with Utd, got a lot of our main targets in before agreeing to things with them and that could be the same situation with Swansea over Sigurdsson?!

The players we got in we're always going to be more attainable than the likes of Sigurdsson & Giroud etc. Pickford had just been relegated with Sunderland and wanted to stay in prem so that was easy enough to do. Keane was in a sense. There was a bit of a delay due to him believing Utd wanted him but they didn't and once they didn't the deal for us to take him got done. Klaassen wanted a crack at another league and came to amicable agreement with Ajax and we got that one done pretty sharpish. And the deal for Sandro only dragged on cos of Malaga being divs over Sandro having a low release clause so they wouldn't sign the papers off straight away.

But to try and get the likes of Sigurdsson & Giroud won't be so easy to do as their clubs aren't as keen to let those players go and they won't be so keen to negotiate on our terms so there will be some sort of passé and this could go on for days, weeks even. So it's a matter of being patient to an extent and if nothing materialises, we move on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back