Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this is why it is going to be almost impossible to break top 4...where we are spending 100 million, the others will spend double that making sure they keep their superiority...we might close the gap in term of points but that's about it...best chance is a cup competition if we are lucky with the draw...long term we need all this good youngsters that we are signing to become superstars in order to challenge again in the league...but could easily take 4 to 5 years...
This isn't going to/can't last. Even Championship clubs are spending tens of millions on players. MAYBE 3 years before something significant happens.

Mate, blackburn spent big to win the league... shearer and Sutton were both British transfer records... flowers was decent money as was warhurst ... sherwood and Henry I believe

Ok what I mean was Leicester and Blackburn were rare case because they are not the traditional Sky6 and spending money continually for 20 odd years.

Ok what I mean was Leicester and Blackburn were rare case because they are not the traditional Sky6 and spending money continually for 20 odd years.

Blackburn had brought in a league winning manager, one of the highest rated young goal scorers in the country and had a solid team.

At the time, they were up there having finished 4th and 2nd in the previous two seasons - which essentially was the Premier League at that point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back