Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

but he won't leave mate, as he is a bit of a nob like a lot of Belgium players

Staying doesn't make sense; sure he'll probably win things but he won't improve; he has to play. Now the only thing he can do is hope for a Morata injury. KDB recognized that he had to switch clubs to play; same for Lukaku at Chelsea etc.

In the worst case scenario he could end up missing out on the WC; maybe Dimata has a great season or something like that. He was extremely angry that he missed the last WC, if he doesn't want a repeat he has to change. He has natural finishing ability but no use that if you're stuck on the bench behind Morata. Or that time when Costa was injured and he didn't even play him. What a frustrating spectacle.

Robertson will be found out when attacked like every left back they sign lol they can have him I would of fumed if we signed him
Robertson isn't very good.

Would like to see us in for Chilwell, but suspect we may require someone slightly older and more developed

Have you seen a lot of Chilwell, or are you just saying that because he seems to be rated by people in the game? serious question. I've not seen Robinson, or I've certainly never noticed him anyway, he might be great, he might be cack, but I've not seen Chilwell either, just checked and he made 12 apps for leics last season and was on loan a Huddersfield the previous season, where he made 8 Apps, so I don't think any of us have seen much of him unless you're a Leics or Hudds fan. So is this opinion your own or are other people swaying your opinion? What have you seen of Chilwell for you to want him?

We still need pace and creativity. Even when we get Sigurdsson and Giroud 7th is the max with this squad.
This is spot on. But not the likes of Grosicky.
To kick on and challenge in the next three years, we really need to be looking at bidding for the likes of Inaki Williams, Keita Balde., etc...I realise Balde is off to Inter but it's this type of player. Let hope Walsh finds the next big thing

Koeman saying a couple more ins according to the Dutch media.

Wants 1 or 2 more quality signings in. To me that doesn't mean we'll just bring in 1 or 2 more and that's it. He'll look for quality and then get a squad filler or 2, possibly utility players who can play a number of positions.

Have you seen a lot of Chilwell, or are you just saying that because he seems to be rated by people in the game? serious question. I've not seen Robinson, or I've certainly never noticed him anyway, he might be great, he might be cack, but I've not seen Chilwell either, just checked and he made 12 apps for leics last season and was on loan a Huddersfield the previous season, where he made 8 Apps, so I don't think any of us have seen much of him unless you're a Leics or Hudds fan. So is this opinion your own or are other people swaying your opinion? What have you seen of Chilwell for you to want him?

Agree with you. Haven't seen anything from Chilwell and all original hype around him seems to stem from when the RS were linked with him a few years ago. All I know is that we made potentially the greatest value for money full back signing of all time a few years ago in Coleman and no one had a clue who he was. It's a funny old position. My RS work colleague is made up with Robertson, simply because a few years ago they were linked with both Moreno and Bertrand and went with the "flamboyant" option and they ended up with another bloke who can't defend and can't get in the team behind James freaking Milner.

Whatever we do though, I do think we need someone who can push Baines next year. He was fine against the dross, but he looked out of his depth against some of the top 6. Hopefully a more solid midfield will offer our defence overall some more protection though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back