Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wants 1 or 2 more quality signings in. To me that doesn't mean we'll just bring in 1 or 2 more and that's it. He'll look for quality and then get a squad filler or 2, possibly utility players who can play a number of positions.
Think it's pretty obvious that means playmaker and target guy. Sigurdsson and Giroud.

We get those two, keep Ross until at least January, and we've got some offense. Cuco isn't great, but he can fill in at both RB and LB. McCarthy can fill in at LB.

THAT BEING SAID, if we could sell Niasse and McCarthy, would LOVE to get a ball playing CB like Lemos.

Have you seen a lot of Chilwell, or are you just saying that because he seems to be rated by people in the game? serious question. I've not seen Robinson, or I've certainly never noticed him anyway, he might be great, he might be cack, but I've not seen Chilwell either, just checked and he made 12 apps for leics last season and was on loan a Huddersfield the previous season, where he made 8 Apps, so I don't think any of us have seen much of him unless you're a Leics or Hudds fan. So is this opinion your own or are other people swaying your opinion? What have you seen of Chilwell for you to want him?

I've seen chilwell and again he looks ok going forwards but that's it. So I have no idea who I want for left back as cover

Totally agree. Note that the past few years have been the heart of this prime, and he's gone from Real Madrid to Man U to Bayern Leverkusen to West Ham. Doesn't sound like the career trajectory of a 140k/week player to me.
I think he'll do well and have a decent goal tally. Money is crazy in footie now. I'm glad we weren't in for him though, not the player we need in my opinion

....Sunday mornings rumour mill;

- According to The Express, Everton are finally close to concluding the Gylfi Sigurdsson transfer saga. Swansea are apparently prepared to accept a bid of £40m with £5m add-ons, the player has agreed £90k per week personal terms.

- 4th Official again link Everton with young Sheffield United midfielder, David Brooks. The 20 year old won 'Best Player' award at the recent U20 Toulon tournament where he represented England.

- The Evening Standard report Arsenal have joined Spurs and Manchester United's pursuit of Everton midfielder, Ross Barkley.

- The same paper suggest Marseilles and Lyon have ended their interest in Arsenal striker, Olivier Giroud. With West Ham also withdrawing from the race, Everton appear to be the last team standing in pursuit of the player.

- The Daily Mail say Everton are considering a bid for Vitesse Arnhem goalkeeper, Eloy Room.

- 4th Official go with the story that Everton want Spurs misfit Moussa Sissoko on loan but Spurs are seeking a permanent deal for the midfielder.

It's all gone quiet on signing that Newcastle defender and the psv Dutch striker for the youth teams. I thought these would have been done by now?

Have you seen a lot of Chilwell, or are you just saying that because he seems to be rated by people in the game? serious question. I've not seen Robinson, or I've certainly never noticed him anyway, he might be great, he might be cack, but I've not seen Chilwell either, just checked and he made 12 apps for leics last season and was on loan a Huddersfield the previous season, where he made 8 Apps, so I don't think any of us have seen much of him unless you're a Leics or Hudds fan. So is this opinion your own or are other people swaying your opinion? What have you seen of Chilwell for you to want him?

...folk more knowledgeable than me speak highly of Chilwell but I thought he was a bit of a liability at times watching his defending for England youth in the summer. I dare say that's a part of his game that can improve but it is a concern.

...folk more knowledgeable than me speak highly of Chilwell but I thought he was a bit of a liability at times watching his defending for England youth in the summer. I dare say that's a part of his game that can improve but it is a concern.

I was just about to post the same eggs, I thought he was absolutely piss poor when it came to his defensive duties and positioning. All very well looking good going forward, but you still need the fullback to be aware of what's going on around them defensively and he didn't impress me at all during the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back