Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurdsson might still get done before the weekend, but I don't expect it.

Not really expecting anything now until the last week/day.

It's disappointing given how bright things looked a few weeks ago.

If we get the right players in and need right up to 11:00 pm to do it, then fine, alls well that ends well.

Looks like TDD is going to be another rollercoaster though, and when you leave it that late by choice or circumstance, you end up invariably hedging your bets and hoping for the best.

Koeman is key to a successful ending to the window. If he pipes up with any murmurings of discontent it will put pressure on the board.

The last 24 hours don't augur well but again its a case of making judgement only when the window has "slammed shut".

Sigurdsson might still get done before the weekend, but I don't expect it.

Not really expecting anything now until the last week/day.

It's disappointing given how bright things looked a few weeks ago.

If we get the right players in and need right up to 11:00 pm to do it, then fine, alls well that ends well.

Looks like TDD is going to be another rollercoaster though, and when you leave it that late by choice or circumstance, you end up invariably hedging your bets and hoping for the best.

Koeman is key to a successful ending to the window. If he pipes up with any murmurings of discontent it will put pressure on the board.

The last 24 hours don't augur well but again its a case of making judgement only when the window has "slammed shut".

striker is the key thing now, we can do ok without siggurdson and a back up defender

If we sign him, management need sacking if this is true.
Depends totally on the deal.

An absolute class player, if fit he would be the best central defender at the club, but a very poor fitness history.

A loan deal may suit.

I know it doesn't suit some people but I think the manager is perfectly happy with a Keane/ Williams pairing and is looking for cover rather than a replacement.

God knows what is happening with Siggurdsson and Swansea. A very unsatisfactory situation for all concerned.

The season is so close now that transfers will slow down for a couple of weeks until we have the usual flurry at the very end.

...Mundo Deportivo believe Everton's interest in Thomas Vermaelen is real and not the product of somebody's imagination. In today's edition, the Catalan newspaper say Everton met with the players agent yesterday. It is thought Everton are after assurances about the players fitness ahead of any move.

A loan move could appeal. The player spent last season on loan at AS Roma but spent a large chunk of the campaign out injured so the Italian club did not take up the option of making the deal permanent. Apparently the player is currently injured.

Rather than repeat my tweet...

An absolute class player, if fit he would be the best central defender at the club, but a very poor fitness history.

A loan deal may suit.

I know it doesn't suit some people but I think the manager is perfectly happy with a Keane/ Williams pairing and is looking for cover rather than a replacement.

He was class 5 years ago, but he's been ravaged by injury since. Even before then, his fitness record was mixed.

A backup player needs to be one thing - reliable. We cannot rely on an injury-prone player who's not been in the league for years and will take 6 weeks to get up to speed.

I just don't get this one - if it is a genuine deal.

A loan deal may suit.

I would hope we have learned our lesson on signing crocked players on loan or permanent.

Been bitten too many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back