Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people just seem to love being wrong. I think that humble pie must be their staple diet.

Rooney was going to be a disaster.
DCL should be loaned out to a championship club at best.
Martina an abysmal footballer.
Holgate not a right back or a right wing back.

There are probably others, but I just can't be bothered.
If it is Slimani, why just not give him a chance before dismissing him out of hand ?
Why not wait at least until we see the role that he, or whoever we sign , is asked to do and wait until we see how well they play and how it benefits the team before they are written off completely.

It simply renders their opinion, I think, valueless when the initial reaction is the usual knee jerk.

Didn't realise Slimani was 29...reckon we could do better than spending big on this guy. Think he's bang average...then again, £30m tends to get you average these days...madness

I'm not saying we aren't in for Slimani, I personally hope we aren't.
It's just the usual rubbish from 90% of the media, who haven't a clue, including the echo

RK says we want a target man, so we get linked with a different one everyday. It was the guy from benfica yesterday, willian Jose was back doing the rounds the day before. And benteke & Costa for the last week. 2 weeks ago we were buying Walcott for 30mil. And the classic from the echo 6 weeks ago Niang is having a medical.

Like the Left sided CB Southampton have just signed, we want a left sided defender, so we get linked with him for a couple of days.

Slimani is a solid old-fashioned CF and I think he would get goals. I rate him but my nagging doubt about him being linked to us is he does not seem to be as mobile as Pelle and I think Koeman wants a big guy who can play with his back to goal, get on the end of crosses and also run into the channels & work along the line. That is why he likes DCL as the kid does a bit of everything and works hard with and without the ball.

We will have to wait and see but my hunch is we are hearing the Jimenez rumbles more strongly as even though he is an inferior CF/goal scorer he is a better athlete more able to run with the ball and do the work off it. Perhaps he is a better fit for what Koeman wants but I'd hope we can find someone who has similar attributes but is, in Koeman's favourite word, more productive.

If we sign Slimani he will score 18+ PL goals for us this season. He's far better than people give him credit for. He played second fiddle while he was at Leicester. We won't find another 1 in 2 striker that is willing to join us this late in the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back