Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi-res-dbb4e62ae829ce8de717b9497ff437c4_crop_north.jpg

Make it happen Mosh

Some people just seem to love being wrong. I think that humble pie must be their staple diet.

Rooney was going to be a disaster.
DCL should be loaned out to a championship club at best.
Martina an abysmal footballer.
Holgate not a right back or a right wing back.

There are probably others, but I just can't be bothered.
If it is Slimani, why just not give him a chance before dismissing him out of hand ?
Why not wait at least until we see the role that he, or whoever we sign , is asked to do and wait until we see how well they play and how it benefits the team before they are written off completely.

It simply renders their opinion, I think, valueless when the initial reaction is the usual knee jerk.
Right about Martina anyway :)

Rest based on their FIFA or FM knowledge and have probably never kicked a ball themselves

7 goals says yes, we do.
No it doesn't.
Riyad Mahrez got 6 goals last season after scoring 17 the season before.
Jamie Vardy for 13 despite getting 24 the year before.
Leicester's manager was sacked in February leaving them one point above the relegation zone.

So basically, Slimani comes in to a new team, new league, new country, his new team does terribly, conceding goals barely creating chances. You want to write him off. Nah good. Seems as ever an informed opinion from your good self.

Yet to go back to Vardy, the season before Leicester won the league he scored 5 league goals. So using your logic, he proved he couldnt handle hack the premier league.

Not your greatest argument this one is it?

This time last year loads of you muppets were whinging because we hadn't signed Slimani.

Nothing has happened yet either way, so just wait and see who we end up with.

Don't suppose you remember what I wrote about him :o

Something along the lines of, he's dreadful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back