Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day, we've had a good window but cos we did some much business early and then dragged out later deals, they've been forgotten about in a sense and once again, this window is going to be judged on late business/deadline day.

Well done Sky Sports, you've won.

At the end of the day, we've had a good window but cos we did some much business early and then dragged out later deals, they've been forgotten about in a sense and once again, this window is going to be judged on late business/deadline day.

Not really. This window was always gonna be judged on how we replaced Lukaku. Goals win games.

Whether the window was good or not is yet to be seen for me.

Now don't get me wrong we've signed loads of players but success isn't about how many you sign etc.

Pickford and Keane look good, none of this 'they need time to gel' crap people keep spouting, they have slid straight in and strengthened two key areas.

That being said, the central defence still needs serious work. I really thought we needed two center backs as Jags/Williams aren't up to it, and although I personally rate Mori he got a long term injury ages ago and Everton were aware of this. It has not been dealt with. Unless you consider giving a one year extension to Jags on the back of finding a few games worth of form again.

Rooney is doing bits, looks like a good signing. However, if it comes at the cost of never dropping/rotating him and shoehorning all the other players around the accommodate him all season then this was not a good idea.

Sandro looks as though he needs a partner, and whilst he may prove to be brilliant value for money, he hasn't got up to speed yet and our formations/tactics are leaving him utterly isolated.

Klaassen looks... underwhelming to say the least so far. Maybe needs time to adapt, but nevertheless I expected more and the early signs and rumblings about him have me less than convinced.

Martina has the fanbase polarised and I think we look better with him in the team at this point as he provides width that we are seriously lacking without wingers etc.

Siggy should slot straight in, but see above concerning Rooney - shoehorning these players in whilst decimating the squad of proper attackers and wingers makes his signing underwhelming as there is nobody for him to link with.

Perhaps this assesment is a little harsh but so far Everton have left a lot to be desired.

Whether the window was good or not is yet to be seen for me.

Now don't get me wrong we've signed loads of players but success isn't about how many you sign etc.

Pickford and Keane look good, none of this 'they need time to gel' crap people keep spouting, they have slid straight in and strengthened two key areas.

That being said, the central defence still needs serious work. I really thought we needed two center backs as Jags/Williams aren't up to it, and although I personally rate Mori he got a long term injury ages ago and Everton were aware of this. It has not been dealt with. Unless you consider giving a one year extension to Jags on the back of finding a few games worth of form again.

Rooney is doing bits, looks like a good signing. However, if it comes at the cost of never dropping/rotating him and shoehorning all the other players around the accommodate him all season then this was not a good idea.

Sandro looks as though he needs a partner, and whilst he may prove to be brilliant value for money, he hasn't got up to speed yet and our formations/tactics are leaving him utterly isolated.

Klaassen looks... underwhelming to say the least so far. Maybe needs time to adapt, but nevertheless I expected more and the early signs and rumblings about him have me less than convinced.

Martina has the fanbase polarised and I think we look better with him in the team at this point as he provides width that we are seriously lacking without wingers etc.

Siggy should slot straight in, but see above concerning Rooney - shoehorning these players in whilst decimating the squad of proper attackers and wingers makes his signing underwhelming as there is nobody for him to link with.

Perhaps this assesment is a little harsh but so far Everton have left a lot to be desired.

I think you're being far too harsh chief. Especially regarding Klaassen.

I think you're being far too harsh chief. Especially regarding Klaassen.
Fair enough, it's definitely not a glass half full post, but like I say I'm not feeling it just yet.

Our performances throughout the season thus far haven't got me excited. We look disjointed and imbalanced, I'm hoping this settles - but it brings me back to the point about shoehorning players.

I cant help but feel we have splashed the Lukaku cash on bang average players. Pickford Keane look good the rest a gamble
Hope it pays off though and we have a good season

I've been operating under the assumption that was exactly the plan. The squad was old and thin (still is), and the club needed to build a foundation for stability over the next 3-5+ years. They brought in players who maybe weren't good enough for the top 4, but were good enough to keep Everton within reach.

The next step is to find a way to get those one or two star players to jump from 7th to 4th.

£120m spent

DefensiveEnlightenedHyrax-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back