Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with all of that mate. There's no doubt we are adding promising young players and thats been the most impressive aspect of the window. Even today of the 14 lads involved we had an average age of under 26 (including with Williams, Jags, Baines, Lennon and Rooney).

I'd happily have an older striker if it was the right fit. Giroud for me would have been perfect and would have allowed DCL to develop.

As I think you've said I'd like to see us pull the stops out for another young centre half. Maguire at Leicester seems a really good fit though people turn their noses up. I'd like to see us go for Gibson at Boro. Within quite a short space of time I think we'd have built a formidable back line and a real base to move forwards with. Even with todays performance, we got battered but didn't give away too many clear opportunities. That is going to be the best way forward for me.

As for a young superstar striker I agree but I have my doubts we can afford a Dolberg. Maybe the kid Dembele from Celtic may have been a good option, or even Martial at United prior to him getting back in favour?

We didn't give away many chances today or against city as we defended so deep.

A centre back is imperative to play a high line and push teams like this back otherwise they would run riot against us if we tried it with Williams or Jagielka.

Amazed we haven't signed a centre back yet...whoever we sign needs to be at least as good as Keane imo

Not sure on the forward, pointless to sign one if we don't bring in another centre back

I said it months ago, absolutely criminal selling Lukaku without first getting a replacement in.

They've known he's been going for months.

We've played a handful of competitive games without the replacement striker upfront.

If we put all our eggs in the Giroud basket at least have a backup and move on!

It's been a bit of a disaster again hasn't it. Three days till the window slams shut though so still hoping we get a decent player in

Don't believe it has been mate, Pickford will be our number one for years, Keane will be the same, and is getting better, Iceland will get us goals as will Rooney at least 10, Klaasen starting to show great movement around the box and will only improve, Sandro was not great yesterday and will continue to improve given time.

Although we lost Rom, all other areas have improved, just need the magical centre forward ( plus a younger left sided centre half)

Busy week ahead .... Barkley / Mirralas / Robles / Niasse / McCarthy / Lennon situations sorted out .... Need for Striker / partner for Keane / cover for Bainrs ..... Plus replacing any of the above

See in the Daily Fail that Palace have put on hold selling Townsend to Leicester, could this mean Grey is going no where, shame liked his directness as we were linked in the past.

Good news though, also in The Fail Sissoko linked with Inter Milan, so no last minute swap for Ross :)

I said it months ago, absolutely criminal selling Lukaku without first getting a replacement in.

They've known he's been going for months.

We've played a handful of competitive games without the replacement striker upfront.

If we put all our eggs in the Giroud basket at least have a backup and move on!

Agree or we could have used lukaku to get cash and another striker in return. (Rooney was coming to us I'm any case so doesn't count) we should have insisted on rashford or martial in part exchange (or batshuayi from chelsea). Or found a club willing to do a part exchange.

Still 5 days of the window to go though. So I still have faith (dwindling fast) that more players will be brought in....

For the most part this summer we've had to sell to buy, losing our best player in the process.

I hate to do a Dave, but our net spend is only £40million.

I think we actually have the money to spend, the problem is finding quality players willing to play for a mid table Premier league team based in northwest England.

Our awful performance against chelsea yesterday will not help to attract players this week either.

Don't believe it has been mate, Pickford will be our number one for years, Keane will be the same, and is getting better, Iceland will get us goals as will Rooney at least 10, Klaasen starting to show great movement around the box and will only improve, Sandro was not great yesterday and will continue to improve given time.

Although we lost Rom, all other areas have improved, just need the magical centre forward ( plus a younger left sided centre half)
...that is a very sensible post mate; thank you for recaliberating my 'rational <--> emotional' gyroscope .
Polarity gets to me sometimes...as @Joey66 will attest.

I think we actually have the money to spend, the problem is finding quality players willing to play for a mid table Premier league team based in northwest England.

Our awful performance against chelsea yesterday will not help to attract players this week either.

I doubt many top players were watching our match yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back