Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then where does Ross play?
Just putting it out there.

Why can't we have ross as an option as well as any potential new signings?

Same thought process of signing another striker because 'they would have to be back up to rom' so therefore we cannot sign anyone decent. It is all small time mentality, we sign a new striker because we want to, if they don't get too much game time then that is their loss, otherwise we are left with one striker and hope he doesn't get injured, like now.

So sod ross, if he is good enough to be in the first team he will be and have his position nailed down before kick off each week. However he is inconsistent so like i have said for a long time, having another option to him might be a much better idea than hope he doesn't hit a bad run of form.
Same word, hope. If we do have money then why hope? Sign back ups / alternatives and maybe just maybe, we can alter our team and tactics for who we play rather than throw the same 7-8 players at every team and expect them not to have figured out our game plan.

Just putting it out there.

Why can't we have ross as an option as well as any potential new signings?

Same thought process of signing another striker because 'they would have to be back up to rom' so therefore we cannot sign anyone decent. It is all small time mentality, we sign a new striker because we want to, if they don't get too much game time then that is their loss, otherwise we are left with one striker and hope he doesn't get injured, like now.

So sod ross, if he is good enough to be in the first team he will be and have his position nailed down before kick off each week. However he is inconsistent so like i have said for a long time, having another option to him might be a much better idea than hope he doesn't hit a bad run of form.
Same word, hope. If we do have money then why hope? Sign back ups / alternatives and maybe just maybe, we can alter our team and tactics for who we play rather than throw the same 7-8 players at every team and expect them not to have figured out our game plan.

I agree completely. Almost every team has a squad gap somewhere, and managers at the elite clubs bar Wenger are always agitating for money to be spent, privately and publically. Koeman has done this too and I think we are the better for that approach.

The summer will be another big test for the club to say the least. But impossible to please everyone as there will always be a feeling that we could/should do more.

It's not "big" signings that I'm looking for as such, but I do want gaps filled, between another 4-6 players, with the best we can get for those positions. The club needs to show evidence of delivery as well as ambition in the summer. We don't have near enough options to change a game from the bench and/or provide more competition in certain areas to avoid complacency and cope with injuries.

We need a minimum 4 new signings, perhaps another 1-2 if we are in Europe and that should be very acheiveable over the course of the summer.

FM TIME

Van Dijk - £45m
Keane - £20m
Perisic - £35m

Backup for Baines and Lukaku.

New contracts for Ross and Rom.

That's a top-4 worthy first XI and a respectable bench. It's very doable transfer-wise as long as we get Europa.

If we qualify for Europe next season we will be playing on Thursday and then again on Sunday. We have seen from our previous experience and that of other clubs that a European schedule often adversely affects the domestic competitions.
The only way around this is having a squad big enough that you can rotate players and have the players for different formations.

After all the departures arguably we don't have a squad big enough for a domestic campaign alone.
Realistically, there will probably two or three more players from the academy able to play first team football next season at most.
We need to sign players for all over the pitch, but will need to be shopping very prudently to be able to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back