Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says on BBC that the Ox wants a change to get more playing time. One does not move to the Etihad if one wants more playing time. One goes to the Etihad if one wants to line the coffers.

Am I the only one who doesn't rate Oxlade-Chamberlain? And what can he do for us that Ross can't? Odd shout.
Don't rate him myself. Only argument would be that Ox may be better at free roaming and getting wide or pressing the back line more. Ross is more of an all out midfielder while Ox could get forward more quickly and be better on the counter.

Still wouldn't want him though unless we could reduce his (I assume) high wages.

The Ox has been ruined by Wenger.
Picking him up on a Bosman would still be a risk. Where would he play in our 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 systems? Cant fit him in anywhere

Am I the only one who doesn't rate Oxlade-Chamberlain? And what can he do for us that Ross can't? Odd shout.

I can never make my mind up with him bud!
One minute he is marauding all over the place, the next he goes missing in games!
Does not have a set position? Were would he play? Were does he think his best position is?
Not better than Ross in my opinion but seems to evade alot of the criticism Ross gets

I can never make my mind up with him bud!
One minute he is marauding all over the place, the next he goes missing in games!
Does not have a set position? Were would he play? Were does he think his best position is?
Not better than Ross in my opinion but seems to evade alot of the criticism Ross gets
I read somewhere, not sure how true it is. That he went 12months without a goal or an assist. I know he probably had a few injuries issues over the 12months.

If that was Ross he would get slated, not just by the media but also some of our fans. Imo Ross on a different level to the Ox.
When you also consider who the Ox plays alongside.

I've said it for years Ross doesn't play for a media darling club. Imagine him in that Arsenal team. He would stand out so much more than the Ox, Wilshire and Ramsey

Think it's lazy journalism (the oz link) just can't see where he'd fit in. I think koeman will prioritise left back, centre halves (possibly 2) and second striker in the summer. In my mind ox isn't a position we need to prioritise.

...he's clearly a good footballer. The only doubt I have is his attitude. He plays and acts like football doesn't really matter very much.

Disagree mate, he's the one arsenal player who win lose or draw goes over and applauds there supporters home or away without fail.

For me that says that he actually understands it does matter.

Disagree mate, he's the one arsenal player who win lose or draw goes over and applauds there supporters home or away without fail.

For me that says that he actually understands it does matter.

...not sure that always translates itself to performance on the pitch. I'm not convinced winning football matches is that important to him. I accept I don't know the lad and could be wide of the mark but it's an impression he gives me.

...not sure that always translates itself to performance on the pitch. I'm not convinced winning football matches is that important to him. I accept I don't know the lad and could be wide of the mark but it's an impression he gives me.

Think that could be levelled at most of arsenals players though mate, sometimes a club develops a culture as we know only too well.

Be happy if we did get him though, lot of talent, great engine and pace to burn. Never a winger though so where he'd play God knows...

Least the arsenal fans always fume big time when he's playedcwide, much like they do with Ramsay as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back