Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
....being cynical, it keeps him in the supporters good books. I wouldn't be surprised if the club and the players representatives have already agreed the details around when he leaves etc. From our point of view, I think we missed the boat when a couple of us highlighted him shortly after he broke through at Fulham.

Even if that is the case, at least they're going about it the right way IMO

Get around a table, sort things out and don't unsettle the club/fans by making noises about it publicly

Again, it speaks well for him and the people around him and only adds an extra intangible to an already impressive looking package

If Oxlade-Chamberlain was available at a sensible price then I think he could be a reasonably good addition to our squad.

My only issue would be his goal and assist return which isn't the best, but he's shown to be improving that this season.
Feed the ox and he will assist

If Oxlade-Chamberlain was available at a sensible price then I think he could be a reasonably good addition to our squad.

My only issue would be his goal and assist return which isn't the best, but he's shown to be improving that this season.
Wouldn't be that bothered about him either way. I don't think he would be a big improvement on what we have.

15m for Chamberlain with 1 year left on his contract would be a splendid deal. He's miles better than anything we have on the books in his position and seems to have a decent attitude. I'd also go in for Shaw at left back if he's available for a similar fee. Baines shouldn't be automatically first choice left back next season. Still unsure if Robles is our #1 from next season, but he's got to be given the rest of this campaign to prove himself. Definitely need a centre back and a second striker. Big money needs to be spent, or we'll be looking at seventh at best again.

Many of the names being bandied about are all logical, Robertson,Keane,Maguire. Personally think we need a GK but not as much as badly as I felt before Robles has done really well.

We look set for midfield, so another striker would be welcome and an upgrade on the wingers, don't think we have enough quality out wide.

My dream summer would be
Pickford (young can play now or Backup)
Keane ( No nonsense centre back(
VVD ( class act and a big statement of intent)
Robertson (Baines successor)
A winger
A Striker

Need about £150m for all that mind.

Just the 6 players and complement them with 4/5 youth team players and we have a mighty squad.

Surplus to the bin
Kone
Niasse
Mirallas
Funes Mori
Jagielka
Cleverly
Barry

At best this could raise 40/50 million.

State of this post btw

15m for Chamberlain with 1 year left on his contract would be a splendid deal. He's miles better than anything we have on the books in his position and seems to have a decent attitude. I'd also go in for Shaw at left back if he's available for a similar fee. Baines shouldn't be automatically first choice left back next season. Still unsure if Robles is our #1 from next season, but he's got to be given the rest of this campaign to prove himself. Definitely need a centre back and a second striker. Big money needs to be spent, or we'll be looking at seventh at best again.

Which position is that? I'm genuinely completely unsure what position is his best

Which position is that? I'm genuinely completely unsure what position is his best
I think that's the crux of the matter with regards to why he may be looking to leave Arsenal; he's their Tom Cleverely.

Is he a winger? An inside forward? A number ten? Yet recently he's played in central midfield and actually played well.

For me, only from what I've seen, I think he'd play well off Rom if there were full backs bombing on to do the wide work.

id be sound with us paying extortinate amounts for him if it means that little mix bird is at goodison every so often:celebrate:

Like your thinking here. We definitely need a CB for the first team and I agree, we could do with another to really push the 2 starting CB's. If a GK that's much better than Joel is available come the summer and getable, then I think we should go for it. And like you say, we do seem overloaded in CM but imo we do lack a CM that's more inclined to attack, get goals and create and Tielemans seems to be flourishing into that kind of midfielder these days yet he can put himself about and is a great passer of the ball. Now he'd be a great option and a reasonable price I'd imagine, more so than Sigurdsson probably who I'd really like us to go for!

Not sure I'd go for Defoe though?! Will get goals but will be 35-36 come next season! But we do need a CF to come in to give competition and push Rom, but also be able to come in and do a job. I agree that Lucas Perez could be worth looking at again. Not got the game time he's wanted at Arsenal but when he has played he seems to do well and get goals and in Koeman's preferred 4-3-3 formation he would be a great fit on the right as a wide forward cutting in, linking with Lukaku and chipping in with goals! He was brilliant playing from there for Deportivo which led to Steve Walsh recommending to Koeman in the first place. Think at this point though, Perisic is a bit ambitious! Maybe that Cafu we've been scouting of late could be an alternative out wide at a decent price?

If we don't at least ask the question then we will never find out about the likes of Perisic though and he will be aware of Everton as he was in the Wolfsburg team we turned over in the Europa a few seasons ago. Think he is the top level type of player we could get in, he has moved around and most players want a crack at the premier league. Not seen anything of Jonathan Cafu so cant really comment about him. I suppose a lot depends on how Koeman wants to play - if he wants to play 3-5-2 then there is obviously less need for a winger and someone like Robertson as a wing back looks like a more likely transfer but if he wants to play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 then a perisic or mertens fit those systems better. Exciting times ahead anyway and looking forward to seeing who we go for in the summer.

...he's clearly a good footballer. The only doubt I have is his attitude. He plays and acts like football doesn't really matter very much.

Being linked with Oxlade-Chamberlain.

"Everton are ready to rival Manchester City’s interest in Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain this summer.

Ronald Koeman is among the 23-year-old’s admirers. The former Southampton star will have just a year remaining on his Arsenal contract in the summer.

City are already leading the chase for Oxlade-Chamberlain’s services. Pep Guardiola was impressed by the playmaker’s display in the Champions League against his Bayern Munich team two-and-a-half years ago.

But Koeman will have a war chest with which to continue his bid to overhaul of the Everton squad during the close season.

In October Oxlade-Chamberlain, who is a not a regular starter under Arsene Wenger, revealed he is set to consider his options at the end of the current campaign."

Can't believe he is only 23, feels like he's been around a lot longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back