Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman saying teams like Chelsea are also interested in our transfer targets so safe to say that will rule out the Deeney and Martina's of the world.

Yes but once Chelsea sign our prime targets, Deeney and Martina will be plan b

I fear for this transfer window.....so much money will be flying around and no offer of CL.... I do not think it will be plain sailing

I can see Chelsea, City and united spending 200 million + and the [Poor language removed] and Spurs 100 million + ......

FFS, I like Jimmy mac (when at his best) but we need new blood, new ideas and a bit of creativity. We are going to end up with the same MF at this rate.

..I wonder if he's squeezing a bit out of his price tag by letting suitors know we're not in a rush to sell. It's his hamstringsbthat are a concern for me.

Yes but once Chelsea sign our prime targets, Deeney and Martina will be plan b

I fear for this transfer window.....so much money will be flying around and no offer of CL.... I do not think it will be plain sailing

I can see Chelsea, City and united spending 200 million + and the [Poor language removed] and Spurs 100 million + ......

Maybe so but it's nice to know Koeman is at least aiming high.

Maybe so but it's nice to know Koeman is at least aiming high.

I think another window like last year on top of potentially losing Rom and Barkley will be devastating ..... The ball is firmly in the boards court now.... Critical for any development of the club if we want to catch the breakaway top 6

With regards to Rooney for me it is a no brainier.
- people want us to grow as a brand to compete with the teams above us sponsorship deal wise buying Rooney would bring more eyes on Everton every week and would help us negotiate better deals.
- he will help attract other signings as his pedigree across Europe is massive.
- we need players who will not be fazed against big teams he brings that winning mentality.
- Lukaku as of June will be the only legitimate senior striker in the squad and we don't know how long for if we want to compete in all competitions and have a shot of actually winning something Rooney is a realistic and great signing for me for people to turn their noses up at it is insane.

All sounds great until you watch him play these days.

- people want us to grow as a brand to compete with the teams above us sponsorship deal wise buying Rooney would bring more eyes on Everton every week and would help us negotiate better deals.
- we need players who will not be fazed against big teams he brings that winning mentality.
- Lukaku as of June will be the only legitimate senior striker in the squad and we don't know how long for if we want to compete in all competitions and have a shot of actually winning something Rooney is a realistic and great signing for me for people to turn their noses up at it is insane.

Disagree on this one pal. Rooney has become a joke figure for media and fans alike.
We will be a laughing stock if what we have heard from wrd1878 is true

But he's crap and has been for years.
What other crap players with big reputations should we bring in? Eto worked out well.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back