Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dont understand the Mertens love in.
I've always seen him on par with Mirallas to be honest.
He has had a fantastic season but you look at his stars

As said before, sandro is done.
He si t going atletico, sevilla, bognor regis, anywere else. He has signed for us

According to who mate?!....

Spurs being linked to siggursdon in tomorrow's papers is the clearest indication they want Barkley.

We release we want £50 million in the papers rumours surface they cooled interest.

Now they are linked to our supposed nUmber one target who would almost certainly not go back due to lack of playing time.

You never know though. It was agreed by Levy to sell Sigurdsson before Pochettino was even through the door has Pochettino wanted to keep him and regrets the club did let him go...

FFS, I like Jimmy mac (when at his best) but we need new blood, new ideas and a bit of creativity. We are going to end up with the same MF at this rate.

I don't mind us keeping McCarthy as a back up DM. Barry shouldn't be anywhere near the first team next season and Besic is coming back from injury so we will need competition and cover for places and McCarthy isn't the worst player in the world and Koeman obviously rates him cos surely any other player that would do the things he has this season, not being fit but still going to play for their country and winding the manager up, would of been out of the door this summer but Koeman wants to keep him!

I don't mind us keeping McCarthy as a back up DM. Barry shouldn't be anywhere near the first team next season and Besic is coming back from injury so we will need competition and cover for places and McCarthy isn't the worst player in the world and Koeman obviously rates him cos surely any other player that would do the things he has this season, not being fit but still going to play for their country and winding the manager up, would of been out of the door this summer but Koeman wants to keep him!

This.

We will have a lot more games next season, we need to be able to rotate. There is so much dross in the squad that we can't afford to let players like Jimmy go. Same thinking behind Mirallas's new deal.

This.

We will have a lot more games next season, we need to be able to rotate. There is so much dross in the squad that we can't afford to let players like Jimmy go. Same thinking behind Mirallas's new deal.

Exactly. When fit and at full throttle McCarthy is a good player and the kind Koeman likes in CM so I'm not surprised that he wants to keep him has part of the squad. Keeping players like McCarthy & Mirallas for the squad is a better way than just throwing money here, there and everywhere for first team quality and cover. We will spend big on first team improvements and the likes of McCarthy & Mirallas etc will be adequate cover and competition next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back