Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I agree mate, Just massively concerned with our full back options and any defender coming in this window will be on the bench as you say.

Baines is past it and our RB options are appalling.

Naa I think Baines is good for one more season. Do agree our options at FB currently aren't great and I'd like to see atleast a LB come in but maybe we're gonna wait a season and sign someone to fully take over from Baines? I'd be happy to go with Baines this season if it meant we were planning at looking to bring someone like Bertrand in for example.

With the likes of Kenny, Martina & Holgate I think those 3 between em can do a job until Coleman is fit.

Its so bizarre. Other signings make sense due to ability and youth (apart from martina) but then spending 50mil ish on Sigurdsson but not sorting out defence....?

Should be sorting defence first or its daft to get a new keeper and centre back and play a liability there.

I think the defence is strong but just lacks pace. Keane seems to have a decent turn of pace when running back to goal so being alongside Williams will help him as he's not the quickest. Koeman did say towards the end of the season and early on in the summer that bringing in quality in the final third was his priority and we've brought some good players in and are still looking to add more in those areas but with adding Pickford & Keane that does make us better back there also.

I think come January and next summer, we will see certain areas in the team strengthened to make us a solid team through out, positions like CB, LB and out wide....

I think the defence is strong but just lacks pace. Keane seems to have a decent turn of pace when running back to goal so being alongside Williams will help him as he's not the quickest. Koeman did say towards the end of the season and early on in the summer that bringing in quality in the final third was his priority and we've brought some good players in and are still looking to add more in those areas but with adding Pickford & Keane that does make us better back there also.

I think come January and next summer, we will see certain areas in the team strengthened to make us a solid team through out, positions like CB, LB and out wide....

For me, Pickford and Keane were brilliant signings. Were also fortunate to have Connolly, Kenny and Holgate there as options...

But with Coleman out and Martina signed + Jagielka past it and Williams and Baines closely following him we look a slice of bread short of a sandwich.

Won't Gibson be in and round the squad as utility left back? I know he's a kid but if he's that highly rated he could start some EL games.

imo we still need a centre half, a left sided defender, a number 10 and a striker. is that asking too much?? ;) we still haven't had that 'statement of intent' signing or do people think rooney was 'that' signing?

Have we not? Isn't all of Pickford, Keane, Klaassen, Sandro & Rooney a statement of intent in itself?! Won't the possible signings of both Sigurdsson & Giroud be "statements of intent"?!

Spending the money we have on the players we have and want is a statement of intent in my eyes. Each and everyone of those players improves us and makes us better and that's the name of the game.

If we're all honest with ourselves we were never gonna be in the running for players like Lacazette and we won't be for van Dijk either, both players you could say look like statement of intent kind of signings so the next best thing is to buy players of the level we have and the ones were still trying for to help us improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back