Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

There is always this period early on in the transfer window where the lack of business makes people nervous.

I think everyone would prefer early business and getting players settled but ultimately its a case of who we sign rather than when we sign them.

It would be great to get clarity on Zouma/Gomes soon, but the respective selling clubs hold the aces there really and I imagine the players' agents are not in a rush either to commit to anything.

I think it was Brands who said last summer than he would rather get the right player late than the wrong player early and that seems a pretty good maxim to go by.

We are a club that is going to be reactive to events more than the elite clubs that dictate events. The whole nature of transfers seems to be going in the direction where business isn't going to be huge in January, and the summer period is becoming more constricted as well as clubs wait for others to make a move and a big-money transfer can have multiple ripple effects further down the chain.

The crunch period tends to be from mid-July to the end of the window and for us, it might even be later than that as we saw last summer.

These few weeks are a nothing period really full of rumour and untruth. I'm skeptical about the clubs efforts on a lot of fronts but I thought the business done last summer under difficult circumstances and time pressures was pretty good all told.

You can argue about the positions needed and numbers we might end up with, but I'm confident overall we'll be in a better place come August.

This sort of rumour (about Maxime Gonalons of Roma) makes you question the sanity of some journalists

"During the course of the 2018/19 season, the AS Roma owned player first suffered a Fibula fracture, followed by an ankle injury in November 2018 and a tear in the abductor muscle in the final few months of the campaign.

Despite struggling with injuries for almost a year, Everton are said to be in contact over signing the 30 year old."

This sort of rumour (about Maxime Gonalons of Roma) makes you question the sanity of some journalists

"During the course of the 2018/19 season, the AS Roma owned player first suffered a Fibula fracture, followed by an ankle injury in November 2018 and a tear in the abductor muscle in the final few months of the campaign.

Despite struggling with injuries for almost a year, Everton are said to be in contact over signing the 30 year old."

Do they really just completely make these rumours up out of thin air then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back