Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many of these snide rumours are dropped by agents trying to get a move for crocked players, youth players looking for a big club move or players looking for one last big pay day. We're probably concentrating on getting rid of the dead wood more so than anything right now. Buying players in this early just means your paying their wages now, and the money saved for a month or twos wages is just being business savvy
I’d love if Brands would take these rumors public and systematically shut down every one of them that are lies just to put an end to this price boosting bull crap

With regards to Brands/Barcelona - lets remember what he said regarding Mina - the same I'm sure is true with Gomes.

“I came in on June 1, you identify positions and you start working," he explained. "Then you have the World Cup and a smaller time in the window and you don't know what kind of consequences this will have for the countries around us.
“Do they wait? You saw in Barcelona, they were expecting bigger offers for Mina in the last days of the Premier League window, that is why they waited.
“Then it is a little bit of a gamble. I could maybe have had Mina earlier but then would have to pay £5m more and I didn't want to spend anymore money, so that is always a little bit of a gamble and that makes it a little bit tricky and a little bit difficult.”
“To be honest, I had a good feeling from the weekend," Brands said.
“From the beginning, Yerry was 100% convinced that he wanted to play for Everton but then you guys (the media) messed a lot of bad things for us because Man United was in – I'm not sure how they were in or if Barcelona used it – so I had to be strong and say 'if United are coming, they are coming in but the player wants Everton'.
“So that was a difficult one. And you never know when it can ends, sometimes you can lose him and sometimes you are lucky.”

and;

“No, no, it was really simple behind the scenes. I put the offer in and Barcelona asked for a totally different amount that we would never have paid. Then they said: ‘OK, we will wait until the end of the market’. We never changed our offer. That was a bit of a gamble because everyone was writing about Man United [wanting Mina] and Barcelona used that, agents used that, everyone used it.
“I don’t know exactly if Man United were in. The player said constantly to me: ‘I want to go to Everton’. That was a great thing for us but you never know if Man United comes in and offers an extra £150,000 a week – every player would like to do that. I don’t know exactly the situation with Man United but of course Barcelona used it. They said to me: ‘Man Utd are coming in’. I don’t know if they did but I took a bit of a risk with that. That’s why we were also keen on back-ups, you never know, but after the weekend before the market closed I had a confident feeling about it.”

imagine being about losing a player to wolves

they won't be a threat next season, hopefully have a little jarg Europa league run and just suffer burn out

With regards to Brands/Barcelona - lets remember what he said regarding Mina - the same I'm sure is true with Gomes.

“I came in on June 1, you identify positions and you start working," he explained. "Then you have the World Cup and a smaller time in the window and you don't know what kind of consequences this will have for the countries around us.
“Do they wait? You saw in Barcelona, they were expecting bigger offers for Mina in the last days of the Premier League window, that is why they waited.
“Then it is a little bit of a gamble. I could maybe have had Mina earlier but then would have to pay £5m more and I didn't want to spend anymore money, so that is always a little bit of a gamble and that makes it a little bit tricky and a little bit difficult.”
“To be honest, I had a good feeling from the weekend," Brands said.
“From the beginning, Yerry was 100% convinced that he wanted to play for Everton but then you guys (the media) messed a lot of bad things for us because Man United was in – I'm not sure how they were in or if Barcelona used it – so I had to be strong and say 'if United are coming, they are coming in but the player wants Everton'.
“So that was a difficult one. And you never know when it can ends, sometimes you can lose him and sometimes you are lucky.”

and;

“No, no, it was really simple behind the scenes. I put the offer in and Barcelona asked for a totally different amount that we would never have paid. Then they said: ‘OK, we will wait until the end of the market’. We never changed our offer. That was a bit of a gamble because everyone was writing about Man United [wanting Mina] and Barcelona used that, agents used that, everyone used it.
“I don’t know exactly if Man United were in. The player said constantly to me: ‘I want to go to Everton’. That was a great thing for us but you never know if Man United comes in and offers an extra £150,000 a week – every player would like to do that. I don’t know exactly the situation with Man United but of course Barcelona used it. They said to me: ‘Man Utd are coming in’. I don’t know if they did but I took a bit of a risk with that. That’s why we were also keen on back-ups, you never know, but after the weekend before the market closed I had a confident feeling about it.”
Yep I remember that.
Thought at the time this guy isnt going to let the press in on anything at all in future.

I'm convinced the first we will know of any signings is when its done or almost done.

Its the way it should be to me.

imagine being about losing a player to wolves

they won't be a threat next season, hopefully have a little jarg Europa league run and just suffer burn out
If they carry on building their squad as well as they have the last few seasons they definitely would be a threat to us provided they don’t pick up major injuries to Moutinho/Neves etc. They were better than us last season and will improve their squad further this season.

I must have refreshed this page 44469 x today. If my company checks my internet history i'm in trouble. However, it will be worth it if we hurry up and sign 8 players.

I must have refreshed this page 44469 x today. If my company checks my internet history i'm in trouble. However, it will be worth it if we hurry up and sign 8 players.
Work in IT like i do, not only can you press F5 as much as you want. But you can also block web pages you don't want any filthy RS supporters reading :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back