Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many of these snide rumours are dropped by agents trying to get a move for crocked players, youth players looking for a big club move or players looking for one last big pay day. We're probably concentrating on getting rid of the dead wood more so than anything right now. Buying players in this early just means your paying their wages now, and the money saved for a month or twos wages is just being business savvy

By the same token the players we are trying to shift are being paid, I thought a few might be moved on early doors....

Some of these no-name strikers are getting quoted for about 35-40m these days, It's gonna be a tough role to fill, I'm expecting an out of field DCL type who maybe has a bit more talent/prospect about him via goal scoring record.
We all remember Alfonso Alves don't we who had an elite scoring record for Hereveen and came to the Premiership for Middlesborough and was poop.
We just don't know these days how players will react to the intensity of the PL.

Zouma
Gomes
Quality RB
Sosa
Gaich
ST (Mateta?)

Bring back Henry, Holgate & Vlasic possibly.

Would be people feel that is a successful window if it shut after that?
No not enough quality in the attacking position. We definitely need at least one top class forward player and I would say two, if we serious about challenging the top 6

Zouma
Gomes
Quality RB
Sosa
Gaich
ST (Mateta?)

Bring back Henry, Holgate & Vlasic possibly.

Would be people feel that is a successful window if it shut after that?
I’d sell Henry and Vlasic personally if decent offers come in, only assets we have that will fetch a hopefully decent price without massively damaging the first team (like if Gueye left)

I’d love if Brands would take these rumors public and systematically shut down every one of them that are lies just to put an end to this price boosting bull crap

The moment he speaks out to say ANYTHING, it weakens his position in any negotiations.

He says he's not interested in X - then Y becomes more expensive.
He's keen to sign A - then A suddenly becomes more expensive.

Public declarations of interest are exactly what the agents and selling clubs want...

The most important part of any negotiation is remaining silent and waiting for the other party to speak.

Some of these no-name strikers are getting quoted for about 35-40m these days, It's gonna be a tough role to fill, I'm expecting an out of field DCL type who maybe has a bit more talent/prospect about him via goal scoring record.
We all remember Alfonso Alves don't we who had an elite scoring record for Hereveen and came to the Premiership for Middlesborough and was poop.
We just don't know these days how players will react to the intensity of the PL.
I think most would consider DCL a no name striker to be fair.

It's not my opinion, but i was told it by someone else, someone who knows far more than anyone on here does, we will see won't we. We will get decent players in don't worry, but don't expect some major name upfront, that's all.

I dont think we'll be bringing any top drawer players ike Werner etc but I definitely think we'll go for a proper CF - Silva himself said in his post match interview after the Burnley game that he means no disrespect to DCL/Tosun but he would be interested in another striker this summer so I'll definitely be shocked if we dont invest in that area as its obviously are biggest weakness at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back