Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proper confused what people's obsession is with forcing our way into the Top 6 next season like if we don't the club will implode.

Spurs didn't do it overnight, why do we apparently have to?
We should at least be making progress. Regardless of where we finish we need to score more goals and improve our goal difference next season at a minimum. Show that we are playing better.

Zouma
Gomes
Quality RB
Sosa
Gaich
ST (Mateta?)

Bring back Henry, Holgate & Vlasic possibly.

Would be people feel that is a successful window if it shut after that?

Personally I would be a little concerned with the striking options. Who knows how the young lads do if they were to come in, I would expect big dips in form with adjusting to the team, league and city.

Beyond Zouma, Gomes joining I would hope for at least two more players similar in experience to them and Digne - don’t have a clue who the striker is but, Belotti’s stock is much lower.

Any lads who fit the Digne, Gomes, Zouma model. Highly rated at one time, but had limited game time?

Proper confused what people's obsession is with forcing our way into the Top 6 next season like if we don't the club will implode.

Did they not? They finished 11th, 8th and then had 10 consecutive top 6 finishes. So I’d say they pretty much did do it overnight.

Also a bit of a joke to talk about us doing anything ‘overnight’ when we’ve not won anything for 25 years. I think we’ve been patient enough in that sense.

If you read my post I listed two strikers.

Sorry mate didnt see the other one you listed. Dont know much about him but had a look at his stats and he seems another young striker with potential if im right in that assumption?

My only issue is again we seem obsessed with signing players 20/21 who have okay stats but nothing that screams future elite player and for me those types of signings should be given time to develop not thrown in the deep end where they need to give instant results.

People slate DCL (including myself) but he shouldn't have the responsibility of being the clubs leading striker - that's the failure of the board/recruitment in not bringing in a proper striker whilst DCL has time/less pressure on him to devleop his game.

Wolves - Jimenez
Leicester - Vardy
Bournemouth- Wilson
West Ham - Arnautovic (plus whoever they sign)

They are clubs outside the top 6 who we aspire to be pushing away from - yet how can we do this comfortably enough without a proper centre forward.

Same way as for me you can't win a trophy without someone who is able to bury the often limited chances in the big games - if we went into the season as weak up front as last season all optimism of actually for once achieving something goes out the window for me - its easily our biggest weakness on the pitch right now imo.

Zouma
Gomes
Quality RB
Sosa
Gaich
ST (Mateta?)

Bring back Henry, Holgate & Vlasic possibly.

Would be people feel that is a successful window if it shut after that?

Yes if we turfed the deadwood out too. I’d like a top class striker like Mariano but the club might see Richarlison as a number 9 and look for a wide forward instead.

Did they not? They finished 11th, 8th and then had 10 consecutive top 6 finishes. So I’d say they pretty much did do it overnight.

Also a bit of a joke to talk about us doing anything ‘overnight’ when we’ve not won anything for 25 years. I think we’ve been patient enough in that sense.

100% this.

It's evidence of improvement. Personally I think we need to be challenging that top 6 over a sustained period - force the 'top 7' line on Sky (although they'll revert back to top 5 if we get into the top 6). It's no good playing better football and treading water, we have to progress into top 6, then top 4 if that's the status the club sees for itself.

How can you call taking 3 seasons to get into the Top 6 overnight???

Sorry mate didnt see the other one you listed. Dont know much about him but had a look at his stats and he seems another young striker with potential if im right in that assumption?

My only issue is again we seem obsessed with signing players 20/21 who have okay stats but nothing that screams future elite player and for me those types of signings should be given time to develop not thrown in the deep end where they need to give instant results.

People slate DCL (including myself) but he shouldn't have the responsibility of being the clubs leading striker - that's the failure of the board/recruitment in not bringing in a proper striker whilst DCL has time/less pressure on him to devleop his game.

Wolves - Jimenez
Leicester - Vardy
Bournemouth- Wilson
West Ham - Arnautovic (plus whoever they sign)

They are clubs outside the top 6 who we aspire to be pushing away from - yet how can we do this comfortably enough without a proper centre forward.

Same way as for me you can't win a trophy without someone who is able to bury the often limited chances in the big games - if we went into the season as weak up front as last season all optimism of actually for once achieving something goes out the window for me - its easily our biggest weakness on the pitch right now imo.

I'm just looking at it the way the club likely will. Do you think we're gonna go big on a 26-28 year old proven striker? Nothing Brands/Silva have said suggests that.
Plus I can assure you if this was last Summer and we were linked with Jimenez you wouldn't want him here.

It's evidence of improvement. Personally I think we need to be challenging that top 6 over a sustained period - force the 'top 7' line on Sky (although they'll revert back to top 5 if we get into the top 6). It's no good playing better football and treading water, we have to progress into top 6, then top 4 if that's the status the club sees for itself.

We need to establish ourself as best of the rest before the Top 6 considering last season we showed we're not even that.

How can you call taking 3 seasons to get into the Top 6 overnight???
That’s not really overnight then is it?
Well it’s literally not possible to do it ‘overnight’ is it? My point was that they went from 8th to being in the top 6 every single season. No up and down, no ‘consolidating themselves as best of the rest’, just got better and became a bona fide top 6 side.

As I intimated, we haven’t finished in the top 6 for 5 years, so you couldn’t call us doing it an overnight thing either could you?

Basically you’ve used really poor logic and then called me out for using the measurements you chose.

I'm talking about being patient with Silva not just patience with the club in general.

I am well aware we've been crap for many years.

That's a very important point, for all teams. The current coach is not responsbile for past failings or lack of success. If you think Silva is the right coach, then patience is very key.

But I also agree with those saying now is time to really make a push, and your management will surely identify that. Manchster United have an inferior coach, and need to do some serious work in the transfer market too. Spurs could lose 2 or 3 top players, and there is uncertainty over them spending a lot because of the new stadium. Chelsea will need a new coach, and will find it hard to attract a top coach with a transfer ban in place. Arsenal don't seem to be willing to invest heavily this summer according to the press.

Teams in those places below should be pushing hard, Leicester and Wolves owners / management will surely be thinking the same way. Teams cant afford to be left behind.

Well it’s literally not possible to do it ‘overnight’ is it? My point was that they went from 8th to being in the top 6 every single season. No up and down, no ‘consolidating themselves as best of the rest’, just got better and became a bona fide top 6 side.

As I intimated, we haven’t finished in the top 6 for 5 years, so you couldn’t call us doing it an overnight thing either could you?

Basically you’ve used really poor logic and then called me out for using the measurements you chose.

So they finished 11th, we finished 8th under Silva, they finished 8th after that, we finish ???

Again, why is next season MUST FINISH TOP 6 WHICH IS NOW HARDER THAN EVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back