Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many small time attitudes around. The idea that the league works like a career ladder, and you have to obtain a 7th place finish before you can obtain a 6th place finish. The idea that remaining patient for 30 years is the key to progress. The idea that we shouldn't be targeting above 7th, and therefore should be replicating the utterly wank performance of the last two seasons. And people wonder why we are perennial losers.

We are capable of competing with 3rd to 6th, and if you are capable of competing with those teams, we should be aiming for top 4. We may not achieve our aim, but that should absolutely be the target!

Spot on mate! wolves are a tidy team, if they buy well in this window, they will be a very good team, but the last ten games of the season showed us as we should have been all season, and on that basis, we are considerably better than them.

mate , there was ZERO pressure on any of our players during those last ten games. they were all half on holiday, they had already ensured their season was over , they had just come back from 2 weeks in Dubai .... you can not take those last ten games seriously at all.

when the pressure was on , we collapsed . millwall, Southampton , spurs at home, NEWCASTLE AWAY … the list is endless

matches that mean something and matches where we need the points are totally different to when you are safe and have just had a 2 week mid season holiday.

the first 15 games this season will tell you where this squad and management is at.

I’ve yet to see one link in the media that’s even half believable so far. At the moment all the stories as links, for most clubs are just so lazy. Until I see a quote from within the club or players are back for pre-season I can’t believe any paper story.

mate , there was ZERO pressure on any of our players during those last ten games. they were all half on holiday, they had already ensured their season was over , they had just come back from 2 weeks in Dubai .... you can not take those last ten games seriously at all.

when the pressure was on , we collapsed . millwall, Southampton , spurs at home, NEWCASTLE AWAY … the list is endless

matches that mean something and matches where we need the points are totally different to when you are safe and have just had a 2 week mid season holiday.

the first 15 games this season will tell you where this squad and management is at.

So whilst on holiday we managed to beat top 4 teams, we are gonna piss the league then.

After the 38th game it will tell us where this squad is. There are too many fans on here that watch us trounce Burnley and think we're going to win the leauge. It's like they have short term memory loss over how utterly rank average we are.

The think is, we really need to to get close to that top 6 next season or maybe get in it. To keep the likes of Digne & Richarlison happy. I think there is a big opportunity this season to challenge the top6/4.

The reason I also put 4 in Is because i believe the goal posts have moved from previous seasons, under moyes and matlrtinez it was really only 4th place available, now 3rd & 4th is available imo. Also With 6/7 games to go last season 4 teams had a chance of 3rd and 4th. With the way city & Liverpool have kicked on and the middle group of teams have improved. It has bought Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and spurs a bit closer to the pack. Which will be even closer next season.

With Arsenal not having much money and there defence & midfield looking average, will Aubaymayng & Ozil be up for more Thursday/Sunday football. Chelsea obviously have the potential ban and A couple of their best youngsters injured. Pedro, Willian and giroud past their best. Utd will make loads of signings, but will it click and I can’t see ole being there after Christmas. Spurs will lose players, will depend on their recruitment, but you would have them as favourites for 3rd

A lot of ifs, buts and maybes I know, but if we target some real quality players I think we could do really well. And if you are in the mix for the top 6 With 7/8 games to go there’s a good chance we will be in mix for top 4.
Spot on mate is are best chance to break should be he aim

Lol.

Or the last time games the team started to gel and play the way Silva wanted them to play.

* I thought you’d stopped all this nonsense

So whilst on holiday we managed to beat top 4 teams, we are gonna piss the league then.

no we beat them when the players knew it didn't matter if we won or lost and had no pressure, just go and play attitude.

the difference is stark. you know it, I know it .

no we beat them when the players knew it didn't matter if we won or lost and had no pressure, just go and play attitude.

the difference is stark. you know it, I know it .

It didnt really matter that Newcastle beat us though. I certainly dont remember that game being a 6 pointer relegation scrap or a league decider.

Millwall I will give you; beaten up by some clogs. They will learn from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back