Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It didnt really matter that Newcastle beat us though. I certainly dont remember that game being a 6 pointer relegation scrap or a league decider.

Millwall I will give you; beaten up by some clogs. They will learn from that.

all im saying is, ive seen Everton teams over the years, perform outstandingly when the season is over , we always do it.

yes we played some great stuff back end of last season .. but for me , it was down to having nowt to play for, the manager could play the team with the shackles off and it paid dividends.

its a completely different story come the start of the season and the pressure is back on.

silva generally starts off well, and then slumps horrifically. lets see if he can change that trend this season.

its going to be interesting watching how we start. weve shown we can beat top 4 sides, so now we should expect to be doing the same next season.

Proper confused what people's obsession is with forcing our way into the Top 6 next season like if we don't the club will implode.

Spurs didn't do it overnight, why do we apparently have to?
I don't think that spurs were a regular top six side even in recent years, where as everton did achieve a few top six finishes when moyes was manager, the amount of money spent on a side has moved on massively from those days and a team that was struggling to hold its own against Stockport County in the 3rd division now has the greatest manager and the most expensive side ever assembled in English history, I don't expect us to finish in the top 3 yet,but our minimum ambition should be top 6

A few of you are claiming that the success of our last 10 games was down to the opposition not being as competetive, even though we convincingly took out some expensively assembled teams.

It's a theory that makes you pause for thought. I hope someone debunks this idea as it's sent me on a downer for the season ahead.

Please someone explain to me why the last 10 games did actually mean something.....

I don't think that spurs were a regular top six side even in recent years, where as everton did achieve a few top six finishes when moyes was manager, the amount of money spent on a side has moved on massively from those days and a team that was struggling to hold its own against Stockport County in the 3rd division now has the greatest manager and the most expensive side ever assembled in English history, I don't expect us to finish in the top 3 yet,but our minimum ambition should be top 6
Get your point about City,but I think we missed the billionaire owners bus. When City jumped on it meant something,now they are ten a penny. And we end up with the one who needs the local council to fund a stadium. Just the luck we have.

So many small time attitudes around. The idea that the league works like a career ladder, and you have to obtain a 7th place finish before you can obtain a 6th place finish. The idea that remaining patient for 30 years is the key to progress. The idea that we shouldn't be targeting above 7th, and therefore should be replicating the utterly wank performance of the last two seasons. And people wonder why we are perennial losers.

We are capable of competing with 3rd to 6th, and if you are capable of competing with those teams, we should be aiming for top 4. We may not achieve our aim, but that should absolutely be the target!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back