Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh but Zouma is “quicker” in the sense he can turn fast and accelerate which on the pitch makes him the “faster” CB.

Jags was probably our quickest CB in conventional terms but not in the example above. Same with Keane.
hes talking utter bubbles and has never seen us play 'live' that is for sure

It's not mental. I said we need both.

Two of those midfielders are good in this league - Sigurdsson and Gana. Who's the third? Schneiderlin? He's not a top 6 DM. Not even close. Even if we sign Gomes, he's terrible defensively - constantly fouls, can't keep up with faster players, gets bypassed constantly. He does some things well, but he's a terrible fit with those two. And one injury to Gana and we are a borderline disaster in probably the most important positions on the pitch.

DCL/Richarlison have talent. Tosun isn't great, but he's got 8 goals and 3 assists in under 2000 minutes on some mediocre offensive teams. I'd take unproven with talent over proven to be not good enough any day of the week.

Andre gomes last season averaged
Tackles: 1.4
Fouls: 1.8
Dribbled past: 1.7

Gana last season averaged
Tackles: 4.3
Fouls: 1.6
Dribbled past: 1.2

While gana is obviously the better tackler (because that's his job as a defensive midfielder) this idea that gomes constantly fouls or gets dribbled past is a figment of your imagination.

Seeing as over 5 games gomes will commit 9 fouls and will be dribbled past 8 times. Gana will foul 8 times and be dribbled past 6 times. Considering gana has been playing in this leauge for the last 4 seasons and its gomes first season, with no pre season I think he's done quite well in those departments.

It feels to me like some people on here just don't like players to be edgy or something.

Andre gomes last season averaged
Tackles: 1.4
Fouls: 1.8
Dribbled past: 1.7

Gana last season averaged
Tackles: 4.3
Fouls: 1.6
Dribbled past: 1.2

While gana is obviously the better tackler (because that's his job as a defensive midfielder) this idea that gomes constantly fouls or gets dribbled past is a figment of your imagination.

Seeing as over 5 games gomes will commit 9 fouls and will be dribbled past 8 times. Gana will foul 8 times and be dribbled past 6 times. Considering gana has been playing in this leauge for the last 4 seasons and its gomes first season, with no pre season I think he's done quite well in those departments.

It feels to me like some people on here just don't like players to be edgy or something.

Battling statto with stats. This is interesting

Have we signed our perennial 15 year old Estonian goalie yet?
a few seasons back, we were after the Serbian GK from Genk in Belgium...but he was predisposed to homesickness so we passed. I hope this Estonian lad doesn't suffer similar affliction. It might be easy to assign homesickness as a Serbian thing...but Snail Keane and Wisdom Lookman also needed to get sent their mattresses from home...and neither of them are Serbian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back