Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
While being good players, and Baines was in top 3 in the prem at one point.....but had no balls to go and really prove it.

Jags has never ever been one of the best centre backs.

Even with us, his partner was possibly better than him.
On lescotts departure : they didn’t even buy the best cb at Everton

I gave him ages too. I liked having a ‘big name’ as manager.

And probably would again now you know. For a bit anyway.
Same here, I felt he could have eventually turned it around - but I accept there were bigger problems around the club that jeopardised any stability being set in. Notably Walsh, we just weren’t in a position to buy ourselves out of the mess, not after the summer prior to the down turn in results.

Read an article about Rooney just now and he was contracted with us until this summer originally wasn’t he?

I imagine if the above is true, we would be still contributing a certain amount of his wages until the summer - which bodes well for us given Jags & Baines wages fall off the books.

That’s got to free up at least £200k per week.

Read an article about Rooney just now and he was contracted with us until this summer originally wasn’t he?

I imagine if the above is true, we would be still contributing a certain amount of his wages until the summer - which bodes well for us given Jags & Baines wages fall off the books.

That’s got to free up at least £200k per week.
I thought the fee was minimal, but DC was picking all the salary up. Keep in mind Man U was already paying for a lot of it.

Big name player not manager. He's an average manager with a big ego.
Found that to be true on my recent visit to GP. All the staff could do was to say what a rude and self centred man he was. The story was that on the day he got fired he walked out of the building and drove off - nary a word of thanks to the staff. Apparently Irwin came in and apologized for his brothers rudeness and thanked them all for him. [Poor language removed]

I thought the fee was minimal, but DC was picking all the salary up. Keep in mind Man U was already paying for a lot of it.

I could be wrong but he was on £300k p/w at Utd and I think we were paying £150k p/w when we got him. I did think we were paying a portion of the wages. Think the low fee was just to get shut of the excessive wages.

I could be wrong but he was on £300k p/w at Utd and I think we were paying £150k p/w when we got him. I did think we were paying a portion of the wages. Think the low fee was just to get shut of the excessive wages.
DC has a good beat writer and I could've sworn DCU are it all. I'll look it up if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back