Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd have to think that Mina, Keane and Zouma (If he signs) will probably all be getting decent minutes this season, just because of things like rotation, injuries and suspensions. I'd be surprised if we loaned him, certainly without signing Zouma
Mina is going nowhere Mikey. Even his agent has said that.

Turkish clubs are always trying it on and the Turkish media is even worse.

Think the wings are covered, Bernard on the left and Richarlison on the right, seem to have found their optimum positions. My take is we need a central striker, fast strong can hold a ball up and score. Who that is God knows or Brands hopefully. Not to say we don't need another wide player especially if one of our wingers is sold.
We need both. If we want to push on we need to have 4 quality players for those 3 positions. At the moment we only have 2. Bernard and Richarlison.

I don't think we will sign a striker, at least not a recognised striker in the mould that we are familiar with.

I look at Liverpool and see the importance of pace and the goals contributed by Salah, Mane, Sane and Sterling who are all forwards but not strikers.
We have seen the same with Richarlison and I think it is players like this we will sign and try to spread the goals more evenly through the team.
Players with pace who can play wide but also score some goals.

I think our team will be focused on pace and pressing going forward more than muscle and strength.
DCL is a striker more in the traditional mould but does work hard for the team and is athletic , I think he will play a signicifant role this season but as an alternative type of player to allow the team change it's style when needed.

Richarlison played very well on the right last season. So considering this place has given its sage opinion that he can’t be a number 9 next season (despite playing well for us from that position) where exactly is he going to play? Probably on the right which means we don’t need a right winger in the window in my view.

If we bring in a central striker we will have Richarlison Bernard Walcott Lookman for the wide positions and we still have Bolasie Mirallas Dowell on the books who would all look to play there. Can’t see anyone coming in in these positions unless we clear a good 2 or 3 out.
It should be about quality not quantity though. Four quality players for 3 positions with DCL plus either Lookman or Henry as backup. I'd sell Walcott, Tosun and Niasse as they aren't good enough for where we want to be, and I'd do whatever I can to offload Mirallas, Bolasie and Sandro so we at least get them off the wage bill.

I'm sure that's all doable. We'll need to take a big loss on the players, but with the effect of amortisation it hopefully won't affect our FFP position too much.

Mina is going nowhere Mikey. Even his agent has said that.

Turkish clubs are always trying it on and the Turkish media is even worse.

I'd hate to be a fan of a team in Turkey, every day their papers say "Bssiktas signing Lukaku, or Galatasary in move for Mina" then on the last day of the transfer window it's "Besiktas sign 38 year old Kris Boyd on a free transfer"

Nah, sadly lads there's no "sure thing" signing from Scotland this summer in my eyes outside of Tierney, and he's almost certainly going to Arsenal, if he even leaves at all (He might want to win 10 in a row)

Not a vintage year to be honest. At least last window there was also McGinn (What a good signing that looks for Villa now btw)

Forrest could fill a hole on the wing for us maybe because he can play on both sides (Although he's better on the right and we need someone predominantly for the left) but outside of him I'm not sure who to suggest

Ajer is one I often hear is doing well.

I don't think we will sign a striker, at least not a recognised striker in the mould that we are familiar with.

I look at Liverpool and see the importance of pace and the goals contributed by Salah, Mane, Sane and Sterling who are all forwards but not strikers.
We have seen the same with Richarlison and I think it is players like this we will sign and try to spread the goals more evenly through the team.
Players with pace who can play wide but also score some goals.

I think our team will be focused on pace and pressing going forward more than muscle and strength.
DCL is a striker more in the traditional mould but does work hard for the team and is athletic , I think he will play a signicifant role this season but as an alternative type of player to allow the team change it's style when needed.
Don't traditional strikers traditionally score goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back