Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we will sign a striker, at least not a recognised striker in the mould that we are familiar with.

I look at Liverpool and see the importance of pace and the goals contributed by Salah, Mane, Sane and Sterling who are all forwards but not strikers.
We have seen the same with Richarlison and I think it is players like this we will sign and try to spread the goals more evenly through the team.
Players with pace who can play wide but also score some goals.

I think our team will be focused on pace and pressing going forward more than muscle and strength.
DCL is a striker more in the traditional mould but does work hard for the team and is athletic , I think he will play a signicifant role this season but as an alternative type of player to allow the team change it's style when needed.
Completely get what you're saying, and I think you might be right. It's difficult though, because you've said 'players who play wide but score some goals'. That's not really true of the players you're talking about. Salah doesn't 'score some goals', he is absolutely prolific by any measure, as is Mane. The system works well because Firmino gets his fair share and the other 2 score as many as anyone in the league. It's not going to be easy to find a wide player who scores 15+ goals a season, particularly if they're effectively replacing Bernard in the side, who creates a lot of our chances (directly or indirectly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back