Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can we possibly be classed as utterly skint though if our owner can just dip into his pocket and pull out £100m for transfers as easily as you say there?

Mainly cos im not sure how long he will keep doing it, he simply cant do it every year, IMO anyway.

I mean I agree, the SKY deal means the likes of Palace can demand 50m for AWB, they can demand 80m for Zaha, cos they arent "short" of money, then the likes of United make massive commercial deals, so they can spend. But clubs like us, clubs who have made LOTS of mistakes, a Club that has spent around 50m on hiring and firing managers, well we are skint.

Mainly cos im not sure how long he will keep doing it, he simply cant do it every year, IMO anyway.

I mean I agree, the SKY deal means the likes of Palace can demand 50m for AWB, they can demand 80m for Zaha, cos they arent "short" of money, then the likes of United make massive commercial deals, so they can spend. But clubs like us, clubs who have made LOTS of mistakes, a Club that has spent around 50m on hiring and firing managers, well we are skint.

Sadly so, looks like another great opportunity is going to be missed by the club. All a bit tiring and similar to what we have had before.

Think its less depressing to see it as a short term cash flow issue. Like, those mistakes will all unravel over the next few years as contracts wind down for the dross. We have a decent enough squad to challenge in our natural habitat/cups, perhaps better if we hit a purple patch. Who knows.

Then the mistakes will be history. Wasted a few seasons, granted, but hey, future looks ok to me.

Think its less depressing to see it as a short term cash flow issue. Like, those mistakes will all unravel over the next few years as contracts wind down for the dross. We have a decent enough squad to challenge in our natural habitat/cups, perhaps better if we hit a purple patch. Who knows.

Then the mistakes will be history. Wasted a few seasons, granted, but hey, future looks ok to me.

Can’t wait around standing still is criminal in this league

To coin a phrase "We spent like a drunken sailor", now our bank statement has landed on the mat and we have to pay for our night of brass, beak and butt plugs.

Can’t wait around standing still is criminal in this league

On the pitch, the first team, I dont think we are. I think we will be very competitive next season. But underneath that, financially, without Moshiri's gymnastics, we will have to ride it out.

Wouldn't saw we are skint when come the TW end we'll likely spend £80-100 million.

From the Joyce article he says we cant spend much due to FFP not that we havent the funds - two very different things.

Saying that lets hope Bolasie, Tosun, McCarthy and Lookman are booted out the door to bring in some further £££

Bed wetting we're skint now eh?

Probably wise to point out that we are not the only club in the transfer market and there is a knock on effect.

Clubs have only started ramping up the last couple of days and the money is starting to swish around.

Things should gather pace for us the next week or so.

Crucially no one we've been linked strongly with has gone elsewhere.

We've shifted some dross - we've more to shift first.

And finally Marcel's got this.

Simply put, if we clear the dross of the team, and sell them for 50% what we paid, we will have plenty of cash and will have reduced wages so much we will be in good financial straights.

Its amazing how bloated the squad is, but if we can clear it over the next 2 seasons it sets us up really well financially. If we shrunk our squad to the suggested squad, and just signed 3 more top players, we would have a better team than we did to start this season and one that costs 35 million less per wages each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back