Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mainly cos im not sure how long he will keep doing it, he simply cant do it every year, IMO anyway.

I mean I agree, the SKY deal means the likes of Palace can demand 50m for AWB, they can demand 80m for Zaha, cos they arent "short" of money, then the likes of United make massive commercial deals, so they can spend. But clubs like us, clubs who have made LOTS of mistakes, a Club that has spent around 50m on hiring and firing managers, well we are skint.

That's why we brought Brands in. We buy reasonable and sell high now, its probably our new model. See Richarlison next summer more than likely...

Wtf have Leicester got to do with Everton that's a really bitter piece from Joyce. Everyone knows Walsh and Koeman screwed us up, but Brands is trying to right the ship now.

Our issue is the commercial performance. This needs to rise much more quickly. It doesn't really even seem to be much of a priority for many of the board. How often is DBB asked about this? How often does she talk of this as a priority and how to remedy it?

Alongside that, unless we sell well we will struggle. If we adopting the Madrid/Dortmund/Monaco etc model then we have to be honest enough to say that they regularly sell. Even today, they sell Greizman and sign Felix. See Dortmund, sold Politic (and potentially Sancho) and buy in a range of players.

We have bought badly before last summer so as yet can't get fees rolling in. However going forward, hopefully if we continue with good buys, some can be moved on at a profit.
It's almost all Ryazantsev talks about and Mosh has brought it up often outside of his voodoo discussions about Lukaku. We had a pretty big jump from 2017 to 2018, but the base was so low that it was inevitable.

What Joyce has forgotten to add is that it’s all completely irrelevant to us really as we’re not in Europe and it only applies to clubs playing in European competitions.

We’ll cross that bridge next summer.
It's a lot harder to calculate than people think. There are lots of costs that are exempt - stadiums, training facilities, youth development, women’s football - and revenues from related parties may not count the same as other revenues. HOWEVER, for reference:

FY2017 we reported before tax income of 39.65M. There's 2.5M of depreciation in there, and 61 of our 391 full time employees worked in the academy that is included in the $104M of staff costs.

FY2018, we reported a 10.2M loss, but had stadium expenses of 11.4M, so we probably have a FFP profit in FY18 as well.

FY2019 should be ugly of course...but we did take one time losses from paying off Koeman and staff (14.4M) as well as some impairment of player contracts (8.2M) in FY18, so that 22.6M won't show up in FY19.

Going forward we need to be a bit more responsible, but I think that wage bill will be much lower this upcoming year.

The one thing I like about the idea of Brands is that HE is the continuity, not the manager. If we go through another third of the season being utterly and completely wank and Silva is fired, we're not going to go out and hire someone COMPLETELY different to Silva. The biggest thing that boggled my mind wsa going from Martinez to Koeman. Should have been someone like Favre instead as he was similar enough.

The one thing I like about the idea of Brands is that HE is the continuity, not the manager. If we go through another third of the season being utterly and completely wank and Silva is fired, we're not going to go out and hire someone COMPLETELY different to Silva. The biggest thing that boggled my mind wsa going from Martinez to Koeman. Should have been someone like Favre instead as he was similar enough.
Then to Allardyce! But you are right he is the continuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back