Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Costa is a good striker but we sit here and talk about how none of the youths should play because they have bad attitudes and we want to bring him in?
Our youth players will never be or achieve 10% of what Costa is/has achieved. You can afford to be a tit when you win stuff.

We like all our Everton frandels from all over the world. The only people we don't like are Kopites and Sunderland fans (they are the WORST)
We just don't like Everton fans who talk a load of crap, where ever they come from. If they happen to come from the USA that doesn't make us xenophobic. It's their views regarding Everton we disagree with, not the fact they may be American.

Did he not down tools at Chelsea with the rest of them and kick off to force a move back to Atletico after that?

I'm not too sure what went on to be honest. Chelsea players have a long and colourful recent history and driving managers out the door. And it's not just your headcases like Costa and Luiz who do it either, people like Lampard, Terry and Cole did it Villas-Boas. The entire squad (people like Hazard) did it to Mourinho in his second spell and in Conte's second season it seemed to happen again, with Conte informing Costa by text that he was no longer required. I think in this instance though, Chelsea and Conte are fighting each other in court, with Chelsea actually using that incident as grounds for fair dismal.

Bottom line is Chelsea are a complete basket case of a club. A very successful one at that.

Is it alright if I sit in @chicoazul's place on the fence in his absence? Not sure about what to make of these Costa rumours. Absolutely despised him during his time at Chelsea. Very irritating and annoying player. Imagening him doing that at Everton? Probably could get used to it, although I'm sure he wouldn't get away with half of what he did at Chelsea, whilst playing for Everton.

One thing I sincerely hope that isn't true though, is Moshiri putting pressure on Brands to sign him. Stay away from footballing matters. That's exactly why we brought in a dof. And a very good one at that imo.

If Moshiri has to tell Brands that Diego Costa would be the perfect striker for us, then we have the most out-of-their-depth DoF in world football
Diego Costa is nowhere near the perfect striker for us.
To incorporate him into our side would mean ripping all last seasons progression and starting again from scratch.
Can’t see it myself.
He’s is a good striker but he is 30 which makes him a money pit and would contradict our declared intention of buying players whose value will not deplete.
My abiding memory of him in this country was when our players were able to manipulate him and eventually get him sent off.
A good player,certainly, but also on the pitch a pseudo thug , simpleton and a liability at times.

Should Zouma deal be off for me we need to start Mina next season and look for a leader type partner with pace next to him - put Keane on the bench.
Keane is better than Mina so Keane starts, but I agree starting both wouldn't work too well we need someone with pace back there too.

Costa would be here for 1 season. He will miss the Champions League & go off on one. I want a striker that moves us forward for the next 2-3 seasons & hopefully more. I dont want it to become the Diego Costa show which it would.

Fair enough Groucho, but I wasn’t talking about politics, I was questioning the growing levels of xenophobia against Evertonians from the States?

They wanted independence !!

Joking aside, it's just banter and that's what gets lost in translation. Amongst the total disregard for our football terminology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back