Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Everton's Transfer Window

• Good

Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kean link really is just odd. We are apparently the only ones interested in taking him permanently but Juve apparently have no interest in selling even tho they do?

Costa story sounds total rubbish however unless Kean is a goer its the only other top striker out there who we could realistically go for. I've wanted Gomez for a while but dont know why we dont seem interested when he looks happy to go to West Ham.

Risky signing Costa would be based on last season but I would definitely take him over Tosun/DCL.

Have you considered we may not even be looking for a striker.

Liverpool have just won the champions league without playing with a recognised striker.

I know for certain both Silva and Brands see Richarlison’s long term future through the middle and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they’d prefer to play with 3 interchanging goal scoring forwards across the front 3.

Adding players such as Neres and/or Malcolm (both of whom we’ve been linked with in the past) would certainly add more quality to this area and would mean we would be less reliant on certain players (Richarlison and Siggurdson).

Even players such as Kean, Traore and Rodrigo fit this criteria of fast, goals scorers who are all capable of interchanging and playing anywhere across the front 3.

We got about 15 league goals each from Richi and Sig last season. I have no doubt Richi will be better this year again as he’s still improving and is only a kid anyway but if we add another couple of players capable of those numbers, as well as more assists, then we should expect more goals from the players we have now as they get more chances and space.
Firmino is their striker. Not a conventional number 9 but the main central striker nonetheless..

Our transfer activity will be judged on our overall activity rather than any one deal.
If we signed Costa plus one of Neres/Lozano/Malcolm it would be seen as exciting but Costa alone would be disappointing.

In the past we have players come to the club and have a far greater impact than any body could have expected even though their careers seemed to be in decline, Gough,Gray and Reid to name just three

Costa story sounds total rubbish however unless Kean is a goer its the only other top striker out there who we could realistically go for. I've wanted Gomez for a while but dont know why we dont seem interested when he looks happy to go to West Ham.

Risky signing Costa would be based on last season but I would definitely take him over Tosun/DCL.
"The only other top striker" what in the world?!

"The only other top striker" what in the world?!

Who we could realistically go for.

There is a quality striker shortage in general - look at the likes of Utd and Chelsea who have no one of the calibre of Drogba, Rooney, Van Persie etc. of years gone by - even top clubs like Real Madrid didnt have one last season (imo its why Liverpool are doing so well in recent years as they are outscoring most sides with their front 3).

Without European football its very difficult to attract a top striker as every club out there wants them - West Ham will be getting a gem in Gomez imo we should be all over that.

Kean makes sense as he's young and has massive potential but is at the bottom of the pecking order at Juventus.

Costa makes sense as he's 30 and his stock has fallen massively after last season so can not see elite clubs interested which means we have a chance if interested.

Both have potential to be 15-20 goal a season strikers for us.

Who we could realistically go for.

There is a quality striker shortage in general - look at the likes of Utd and Chelsea who have no one of the calibre of Drogba, Rooney, Van Persie etc. of years gone by - even top clubs like Real Madrid didnt have one last season (imo its why Liverpool are doing so well in recent years as they are outscoring most sides with their front 3).

Without European football its very difficult to attract a top striker as every club out there wants them - West Ham will be getting a gem in Gomez imo we should be all over that.

Kean makes sense as he's young and has massive potential but is at the bottom of the pecking order at Juventus.

Costa makes sense as he's 30 and his stock has fallen massively after last season so can not see elite clubs interested which means we have a chance if interested.

Both have potential to be 15-20 goal a season strikers for us.
Which is why we will be going for potential if you ask me. I don't agree those are the only two strikers around even though you are right there aren't many who suit us and would come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back